All-Star Attending Worlds/summit As A Spectator

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2016
Hey everyone!

I asked in a random thread I found, but thought it might be nice to have a thread a little more specific to what I'm looking for, since I'm sure there are others in this boat as well.

This year I will be attending Worlds and Summit for the first time, but will be going as a spectator. I will be vlogging and getting first hand book research, plus I've been DYING to go for years and finally decided it was time! But, since I'm not connected with a gym or team directly, I want to make sure I'm doing things right.

What are the best ways to save money? See everything? Best ticket deals and where to find them? I have flights and hotel already, but wasn't sure with tickets since I will be at Worlds and Summit and the week between the two as well.

Thanks in advance!

buy the hopper and comp pass online, it is around 270 for Worlds which will give u 3 day hopper and 5 days of comp passes, enough for both weekends maybe depending on when u want to go, you can add more hopper days. personally I find condo/house rentals are cheaper than hotel, unless you really want to stay on site.

So me and CP (DH and CPS came too but only for Disney - typical lol) did worlds as a spectator 3 years ago... I bought the passes online (3 day hopper). Stayed off-site at a timeshare resort owned by family which saved me a pretty penny (stay in the same place for summit last year and this year). Realized that many go through HomeAway to rent from the same off site area or others for cheaper than on site. The only positive of on site is the bus to the parks and ESPN but I hear it gets crazy... For worlds I uber/lyft from either the resort or one of the parks to ESPN and it would cost no more than $8 one way... The only time it was super expensive was for finals (which ended super late - wet floor year lol)... I tried to stay away from food at ESPN brought snacks etc.

Now last year for summit - pretty much the same thing.... If I bought onsite food it was minimal.... lots of walking around cause we watched all of our gym teams etc. Parking gets packed very quickly... Not so much Friday (wild card day) but Saturday and Sunday was ridiculous. Thankfully I car pooled with my bff since our CPs were on the same team etc and definitely saved us $$ for parking etc.

If you plan to go to Disney at all, honestly go the week between (actually days between), do some sight seeing etc. Not sure if there are particular teams for worlds and summit you want to see but keep in mind the popular divisions especially with popular teams gets jammed packed... I mean they all get pretty packed but now that its in the new arena, not sure how seating etc will be.

keep your eye out for performance schedules and plan accordingly. Thats how me and CP even had the chance to see large all girl and coed on the field b/c we planned what we really wanted to see. and always stay connected to fierceboard. Thanks to a wonderful mom on here, we were able to move up in line for the large all girl/coed on the field and found wonderful seats!! you never know where we can help... I'll be there for Summit but I'll be honest we move around alot cause we are taking all of our eligible teams so its alot of back and forth....

hope some of this helps!!

Are you traveling alone? Do you WANT to go to the parks? If not...I would just buy the admission tix to ESPN and skip the hoppers. I’d book a room with a mini fridge and a pool so you can work by the pool in the week between. :) You can eat breakfast in your room if you have a fridge. Have fun!

Not to do with tickets and such, but if you're there early enough, I'd highly recommend going on the Thurs/Fri evening to the ICU competition as well. There is some amazing competition to see there as well, and I find there's a slightly different feel to the Milkhouse than compared to USASF Worlds. (Though everything may be in the new arena anyway)

If you have zero desire to "do Disney," skip the hopper and pay for daily admission.

If you want to go to Disney on the "off" days between the two weekends, I'd get the park hopper through the event. Admission to ESPN WWOS does NOT use a day on the hopper for parks (if that's the only thing you do that day) and park hopper days do not need to be used consecutively. Downtown Disney does not need park admission either and there are shops and fun things to see there.

Park hoppers expire 14 days from the day of first use* so you could theoretically get down there a day or two early, go to all the parks you want for a day, do three days of nonstop cheerleading without any parks, take a day at the pool to rest with a stop at downtown disney for ice cream, do the next day at parks, day off, parks, etc. and still be within a 3 day park hopper (if purchased through USASF/Varsity - regular disney hoppers do not include WWOS admission; only the cheer ones do)

*This is true for regular PH, I'd double check with USASF to see if cheer ones follow that same rule 14 day rule

Park hoppers expire 14 days from the day of first use* so you could theoretically get down there a day or two early, go to all the parks you want for a day, do three days of nonstop cheerleading without any parks, take a day at the pool to rest with a stop at downtown disney for ice cream, do the next day at parks, day off, parks, etc. and still be within a 3 day park hopper (if purchased through USASF/Varsity - regular disney hoppers do not include WWOS admission; only the cheer ones do)

*This is true for regular PH, I'd double check with USASF to see if cheer ones follow that same rule 14 day rule

I feel like I remember reading something somewhere saying the days have to be used by a certain date, but I can't remember where I saw that...I'll dig through the packets and see if I can find it, but if not, I would definitely double check!

ETA: Page 13 of this document gives date ranges. For this year, they are valid from April 23-May 14, but that should be plenty of time :)
http://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazo...Worlds/USASF_Worlds_Cheer_Event-Info_2018.pdf

I think the biggest thing we learned spending years competing at WWOS and even going with my younger brother to play baseball at WWOS was that you are allowed to pack a cooler FULL of snacks and drinks. I'm pretty sure the only rule on this is no glass containers. This is one of the best ways to save money because things such as bottled water are insane prices as you could imagine...say 5-8 $ for one. You can buy an entire case for $5 and fill a cooler up each day. Make sandwiches, get snacks, protein bars...things that keep you full for a while so you don't have to leave your seat because of the seat saving rule that they are so adamant about!

I think the biggest thing we learned spending years competing at WWOS and even going with my younger brother to play baseball at WWOS was that you are allowed to pack a cooler FULL of snacks and drinks. I'm pretty sure the only rule on this is no glass containers. This is one of the best ways to save money because things such as bottled water are insane prices as you could imagine...say 5-8 $ for one. You can buy an entire case for $5 and fill a cooler up each day. Make sandwiches, get snacks, protein bars...things that keep you full for a while so you don't have to leave your seat because of the seat saving rule that they are so adamant about!
Agreed. Even if you can't bring a cooler, get some freezer storage bags, put a frozen water bottle in it as well as a couple of unfrozen bottles and they will stay cold all day in a backpack. You can save $20/day easily by bringing your own water and snacks.

buy the hopper and comp pass online, it is around 270 for Worlds which will give u 3 day hopper and 5 days of comp passes, enough for both weekends maybe depending on when u want to go, you can add more hopper days. personally I find condo/house rentals are cheaper than hotel, unless you really want to stay on site.
If you really want the "worlds experience" I think staying on-site at the all star resort is a big part of it. the constant buzz, open stunts, meet and greets, etc.

If you really want the "worlds experience" I think staying on-site at the all star resort is a big part of it. the constant buzz, open stunts, meet and greets, etc.
I think this was true up until last year. There were some major changes made last year, and for the money it costs now, I would stay somewhere else and spend a few hours at All Star Sports to watch practices.

I think this was true up until last year. There were some major changes made last year, and for the money it costs now, I would stay somewhere else and spend a few hours at All Star Sports to watch practices.
Yes the price they charge per person u could rent a whole house ......

My top tip as a spectator (I've only ever been to spectate) is to be there early and be prepared to stay all day. Hopefully it won't be as crazy this year with the new venue but I was there from 6am on the day of large senior, got in to the HP Fieldhouse at 8am and was inside the building until 9pm. I only got up from my seat three times the whole day and that was to use the bathroom. I took food, snacks and water in a cool bag in with me and it was the best idea. People aren't allowed to save seats so you risk losing your seat every time you leave it although thankfully neither me or the girl I was with were ever challenged for the seat when one of us had to use the bathroom!

You will love it. I really hope I can come back to spectate next year but it's so expensive from the UK. The atmosphere is just amazing.

Back