Australian Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 25, 2011
Hoping to get some info on cheer in Oz!
Moving next british summer and wanting to know how to find a squad, whose good?
Moving to Toowoomba, QLD

Have a look at the Wiki on this website regarding "International Team List" - I'm from Australia and just spent hours updating it with a full list of squads from all around Australia! I'm from Sydney, not Queensland, so don't know heaps about the squads up there, but I've put the list on here and you can go to the websites of all the gyms and check out what you think. I would say the best squads in Australia are Outlaws (Victoria), ECA (Newcastle), Gymstars or Starlets (Sydney) and Zoo Athletics Brisbane Tigers (QLD, but no idea where in relation to Toowoomba they are) - basically all the teams who field Worlds Bid teams at our Nationals. Outlaws are by far the best though - just placed 6th at IASF Worlds this year (best placing ever by an Australian team) and they (along with ECA) have the Guinness World Record for the Highest Basket Toss (5.4metres) - obviously they are way too far from you (and me!) haha, but just thought the info may be of interest to you :)

Of all the places to move… I think there's a PCYC gym that runs a cheer programme out there. I would contact the Australian Allstar Fed sometime next week (we just had nationals so they might need some downtime). They'll be the most helpful. I guess it depends on your level and how far (and how often) you want to travel to practice. If you change your mind and move to Melbourne, let me know ;)

Have a look at the Wiki on this website regarding "International Team List" - I'm from Australia and just spent hours updating it with a full list of squads from all around Australia! I'm from Sydney, not Queensland, so don't know heaps about the squads up there, but I've put the list on here and you can go to the websites of all the gyms and check out what you think. I would say the best squads in Australia are Outlaws (Victoria), ECA (Newcastle), Gymstars or Starlets (Sydney) and Zoo Athletics Brisbane Tigers (QLD, but no idea where in relation to Toowoomba they are) - basically all the teams who field Worlds Bid teams at our Nationals. Outlaws are by far the best though - just placed 6th at IASF Worlds this year (best placing ever by an Australian team) and they (along with ECA) have the Guinness World Record for the Highest Basket Toss (5.4metres) - obviously they are way too far from you (and me!) haha, but just thought the info may be of interest to you :)

Outlaws by far the best? That's a big claim! Their good and are level 5 champions, but remember there are 5 other levels... In which other strong programs also dominate and received highest points at the last national events, to my knowledge in cheer, starlets holds high point for levels 1, 2, 6, QCE level 3, ECA level 4, outlaws level 5

To answer the original questions, after watching AASCF nationals I would say three programs stand out in QLD, zoo athletics, Brisbane all stars, and QCE diamonds...

My personal recommendation is in reverse order of what I just listed

Outlaws by far the best? That's a big claim! Their good and are level 5 champions, but remember there are 5 other levels... In which other strong programs also dominate and received highest points at the last national events, to my knowledge in cheer, starlets holds high point for levels 1, 2, 6, QCE level 3, ECA level 4, outlaws level 5

To answer the original questions, after watching AASCF nationals I would say three programs stand out in QLD, zoo athletics, Brisbane all stars, and QCE diamonds...

My personal recommendation is in reverse order of what I just listed

Yeah, probably a big claim, but by no means inaccurate. Maybe I could remove the "by far" in my comment.

I haven't forgotten about the other levels, Outlaws still put up a strong performance across the board in those as well:
Youth Cheer Level 1 - 2nd Place
Teen Cheer Level 1 - 3rd Place
Teen Cheer Level 2 - 1st Place
Senior Cheer Level 2 - 1st Place
Junior Cheer Level 3 - 2nd Place
Senior Cheer Level 5 - 1st Place
Cheer Grand Champions - Highest Overall Score & Partial-Paid Worlds Bid Winners

I also did mention that Starlets and ECA are among the best programs in the country :) I have nothing against any of them, just IMO, Outlaws really stands out for me as the best team overall.

Check with AASCF or AusCheer, there are many squads listed and know to them. QCE (AG level 2 are undefeated this year too), Brisbane All Stars and Zoo are all too far from Toowomba I would say, the two former are in the city and the latter is on the Gold Coast I believe. If that's any help?

Yeah, probably a big claim, but by no means inaccurate. Maybe I could remove the "by far" in my comment.

I haven't forgotten about the other levels, Outlaws still put up a strong performance across the board in those as well:
Youth Cheer Level 1 - 2nd Place
Teen Cheer Level 1 - 3rd Place
Teen Cheer Level 2 - 1st Place
Senior Cheer Level 2 - 1st Place
Junior Cheer Level 3 - 2nd Place
Senior Cheer Level 5 - 1st Place
Cheer Grand Champions - Highest Overall Score & Partial-Paid Worlds Bid Winners

I also did mention that Starlets and ECA are among the best programs in the country :) I have nothing against any of them, just IMO, Outlaws really stands out for me as the best team overall.

Yes you might want to remove "by far" and probably add "in my opinion" before your claims... And take a broader look at how other programs placed... Having a favourite is all good and well, but I wouldn't say outlaws was most successful program, I believe Bradshaw won every dance besides a Pom division, I believe starlets cheer placed
3rd mini
1st junior 1
1st junior 2
1st teen 1
1st teen 2
1st teen 3
3rd senior 4.2
4th senior 5

QCE Won everything they entered

ECA Won nearly everything they entered

So yes outlaws are a great, but didn't place as well as other programs...

Purely proving a point that your claims are way off the deep end... And you need to clarify its your opinion that certain gyms are what they are... In your opinion

Hoping to get some info on cheer in Oz!
Moving next british summer and wanting to know how to find a squad, whose good?
Moving to Toowoomba, QLD

Toowoomba is an hour drive from Brisbane City, I'm not sur what Cheer programs are out there but like "Lollypop" suggested check with AASCF.com.au and they can refer you. QCE trains in Ascot, Zoo Athletics in Helensvale. :) hope it helped a little.

Back