Australian Competitions 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which Australian Nationals are you looking forward to?

• AASCF Nationals

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Asia Pacific Nationals WCC

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Australasian Majors

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Aus Cheer Australian Grand

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 12, 2011
Even though this thread will probably get one or two people look at it... so i'd at least make it a three parter! lol
I've noticed a few Aussie's on Fierceboard and wanted to know which competitions you were going to spectate/compete in 2012?
...and is anyone excited for the Australasian Majors?

I'm really looking forward to the AASCF Nationals. I thought the event last year was so well organised - loved doing an event with proper lighting etc.

I've never heard of Australasian Majors, sounds interesting though.

Can't believe that Winterfest is in just a few weeks - good luck to your team if they are competing :)

Loved AASCF nats last year, absolutely amazing production, even dealing with the huge turnout, crazy long days and "that" incident. Seems like they are extending comps over more days this season to keep the days shorter and everyone a little fresher. LTU and RMIT teams (both allstar and uni divisions) and SCC minis and juniors will be competing Winterfest, States and Nationals.

I wish Australasian Majors wasn't the week after AASCF Nats. We really want to support Alex but the cost for most of our kids to go to Sydney and then Brisbane will be too much. Hopefully we can take up at least one team and/or a few partner/group stunts.

There are so many New Zealand teams planning on making the trip over for the australasian majors we are so excited to come over to compete! We think it's a neat concept and hope we can compete against some of Australia's best teams at all levels.

There are so many New Zealand teams planning on making the trip over for the australasian majors we are so excited to come over to compete! We think it's a neat concept and hope we can compete against some of Australia's best teams at all levels.
So looking forward to seeing the Kiwis at the Majors!! Team New Zealand AG/Coed did an amazing job at Worlds this year! Hopefully the Outlaws and East Coast All Stars will be there since they are (I believe to be ) Australia's best teams.

I'm looking forward to AASCF Nationals.
bit of a shame that we are only competing at aascf comps. Being a uni team its hard to travel for any comps so nationals is our limit at the moment.

Well at least its looking to be the best yet, last years was amazing!!

I'm looking forward to AASCF Nationals.
bit of a shame that we are only competing at aascf comps. Being a uni team its hard to travel for any comps so nationals is our limit at the moment.
you should look at competing with some other event providers, get some more exposure and different feedback...

you should look at competing with some other event providers, get some more exposure and different feedback...
We do the best we can, but WCC has reduced the number of comps they have, AusCheer is barely running this year from all reports we've heard. It's expensive for these kids to pay for cheer while studying/working part time so going out of state to compete (besides nationals) isn't much of an option.

We do the best we can, but WCC has reduced the number of comps they have, AusCheer is barely running this year from all reports we've heard. It's expensive for these kids to pay for cheer while studying/working part time so going out of state to compete (besides nationals) isn't much of an option.

good point...

i do know CheerCon is planning on bringing a 'Classic' event to Victoria next year. I am assuming your from that state of course

Both my teams are really looking forward to the AASCF Event Series this year! We are only doing the three events this year due to cost restriction as Caitlin Starla mentioned, since we are also a Uni team, but next year I'm hoping to add one more (NSW) event to our competition schedule! I was thinking possibly a CheerCon Classic flipmac.

I too thought last years AASCF Nationals was amazing - best produced competition I've been to by far. I really like this year how they have discount packages so if you register in advance for all 3 of their events, you get a big discount. That helped out my athletes with costs a lot this year :)

P.S I've never heard of Australasian Majors either auscheerflyer!

Back