Australian Majors

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 19, 2012
I'm from NZ and didn't get to go, so I'd love to know how it went for everybody. Was it a large competition with lots of teams from Australia and NZ? What was the venue, judging etc like?

It was a good comp from Cheer Brandz. They had a good turn out of New Zealand and Australian competitors, naturally if the comp gets better it will need a bigger venue. Judging was good and I like you get a banner as well as a bronze, silver or gold for you placing in medals.

ECA Eagles (Coed 5) at the Majors, dont know what they placed.

It was a bit of a shame that it was the weekend after AASCF nationals
as most teams now travel there, it was a bit hard to travel a week later for another comps
also there was a World Cup comp here in Melbourne but it only had about 40 entries, not to many clubs keen on competeing a week after nationals.

hopfuly next year comps are better spread out

I know some results of the new zealand teams:
Youth 1 Large 1st Legacy Snowflakez (NZL) 2nd Pride Kittenz (NZL)
Junior 1 1st Mystix Pixiez (NZL) 2nd Fame Unicornz (NZL)
Junior 2 1st Fame Ponyz (NZL)
Open 2 1st Legacy Dark Angelz (NZL) 3rd Fame Stallions (NZL)
Open 2 Coed 1st Mystix Phoenix (NZL)
Open 3 1st Fantasy Divas (NZL) 2nd Fame Zebraz (NZL) 3rd Legacy Fierce (NZL)
Open 4 and L4 Grand Champs 1st Fame Mustangz (NZL)
Open Coed 5 Team NZ Coed
All Girl 5 Legacy Viperz (NZL)

I can also add that KLD won alot of the dance sections and Team NZ Dance won the open hip hop division. Junior Team NZ were also 1st in Junior Level 4

It was a bit of a shame that it was the weekend after AASCF nationals
as most teams now travel there, it was a bit hard to travel a week later for another comps
also there was a World Cup comp here in Melbourne but it only had about 40 entries, not to many clubs keen on competeing a week after nationals.

hopfuly next year comps are better spread out
Next year it is in the second week of the New Zealand school holidays which are in October.

I'm from NZ and didn't get to go, so I'd love to know how it went for everybody. Was it a large competition with lots of teams from Australia and NZ? What was the venue, judging etc like?
Equal number of Australian teams to New Zealand teams probably an average number of 5 teams in each division. There were what seemed like a huge number of dance entries- the dance session took up all morning and didnt finish until just after 1pm or so. The venue was about the right size and the seating gave a pretty good view no matter where you were especially with the big screens up. Judging seemed pretty fair to me- I know the scoring gets reviewed after every Cheerbrandz competition for learning purposes.

Back