Awkward Uniform Concern, Thanks For Any Feedback

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you ever hold the back of your cheer skirt down when walking up steps for modesty?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Jan 17, 2017
I'm in my 2nd year of cheering and am 14. Last year was my first year and I cheered for a rec league basketball team. Now, I'm cheering for my school's 8th grade team and was excited to have made the squad.

I'm a bit embarrassed about one aspect of the uniform I now wear. Ok, we have vests over long sleeve stretchy cotton shirts. The skirts are flared with wide pleats. The colors are white and sky blue with a little bit of navy blue in the vest.
We also wear matching white tennis shoes .

My concern is with the required bloomers ( spankies?) we wear under the skirts.
The skirts are plain white and the bloomers are sky blue and cut like briefs.
Last year we wore spandex boy shorts under it felt a lot different.

Please don't laugh, but, I feel like I'm wearing underwear now.
Yes, I know, I know, I know it's all part of the uniform, but this just feels embarrassing.
I feel lame, but, I tend to grab and pull down on the back of my skirt often.
LOL, it's like I'm trying to make it grow longer back there.

When walking up steps or bleachers, I grab and hold my skirt , tight just under my butt for the sake of modesty.
I was curious if any others did this and would enjoy hearing from others who cheer and felt as I do.

Thanks , Deb

Cheer loud, cheer proud!

Most of the bloomers are offered in the brief and the boy short options. I'll bet if you talked to your coach and asked if you could purchase the same exact color in the boy short option, they wouldn't mind and it wouldn't be noticeable. I've coached HS for 10 years and our girls prefer the boycut.

Most of the bloomers are offered in the brief and the boy short options. I'll bet if you talked to your coach and asked if you could purchase the same exact color in the boy short option, they wouldn't mind and it wouldn't be noticeable. I've coached HS for 10 years and our girls prefer the boycut.

My cp has the same color in briefs. Everyone else has the boycut, but she prefers the briefs because of the seam showing in the front. I didn't feel the need to contact the coach about what she wears under her uniform. I never thought it would matter.

We like the capezio brand, but you might want to get the same brand as what you have now.

My cp has the same color in briefs. Everyone else has the boycut, but she prefers the briefs because of the seam showing in the front. I didn't feel the need to contact the coach about what she wears under her uniform. I never thought it would matter.

We like the capezio brand, but you might want to get the same brand as what you have now.
Interesting that you cp prefers the briefs due to the center seam on the boy short style.

I was curious if you or anyone on your squad, holds their skirt tight under their butt when walking up steps or bleachers for the sake of modesty? I do and about half our squad does as well.

Thanks again for the tip, Deb

Back