Ayc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our first competition is on
Saturday. We compete the next 3 Saturdays with the last one being States. If we do well there we go to CT on 11/23 for regionals and ten hopefully nationals in the "sunny place" on 12/14. We don't talk about nationals at all until after regionals the Spirit director is a bit supersitios

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

wowza! What a weekend! Forgive me if I sound like I am bragging but I am soooooooooooooo excited for our girls!

The NJAYC comp was fierce!! Two of our three competitive squads moved on to Big East.

@FTSP - Div 13 large blue- the top 3 were within 9/10ths of a point of each other!!!! omg!

Our youngest competitive team had a 5 point safety deduction due to a sign that slid a little too far into an area it has never landed before and got stepped on during a stunt. She didn't even see it since she was focused so intently on her flyer. It was heartbreaking. They aren't moving on.

"My" div8 girls did great in the expo. I can't even tell you how proud I was watching them. CP was so excited.

And....to my surprise, I ended up assistant coaching a second team who performed! We created a Dad's Team to perform at our Pep Rally and the league heard about it and asked them to do an encore performance at the comp. This all went down in 72 hours before the comp! So, we added two impromptu practices in the midst of pre-comp craziness. The dads were the best! I have never laughed so hard in my life. They were so excited to do this for their little girls. Let me tell you, surrounding yourself by a group of crazy dads during a comp week is the best way to navigate thru the inetnsity of comps!

Another highlight was on the day after the comp when the Today show came by and filmed our special needs Contender team. The national segment will be aired on Nov 5th!

Our organization had an awesome weekend. Our 8's came in 2nd,10's 1st,12's 1st and 13's 3rd. This was our "fun" comp so we will see how things shake out at States on 11/2.

Off to Regionals we go!! WooHoo!!! Division 8 placed 3rd, Division 10 2nd, Division 12 (my team) 1st and Division 13 (my CP's team) 3rd. Awesome day for NPF. Playoff games tomorrow.

My organization is in AYC, Keyport Indians. I cheer on D15 Large Red and Jr. Demonstrate our Contender team:)

Back