Back Probs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 25, 2013
Ok guys. So I've had back problems for years. And recently it's gotten a lot worse and I can barely throw a standing Bhs anymore. My mom won't take me to get it looked at, what should I do?

Why won't your Mom take you to see a professional?? If you're not seeing anyone (Doctor, Chiro, Physio, etc.) I would suggest stop tumbling, though I'm sure that's not what you want to hear. Continuing could cause you long term damage that will impact your health and ability to be active in the future (20's, 30's, 40's, and so on). You want to be able to walk as you get older.

I had really bad back problems too, and it wound up being a muscular thing. You need to go to the dr, even the regular dr can give u a script for the physical therapist. You can't keep tumbling if you are in pain. It won't be worth it in 20 years.

try to explain to your mom that you are in pain & that it can't hurt to at least go & see someone about it. If she doesn't listen maybe try talking to your dad, grandparent, etc. & see if they can help you. Until then DO NOT tumble, I know that's not something that you probably want but in case it is something serious tumbling could make it much much worse.

I had back pain for awhile that my mom (and me too some) just passed off as soreness, overuse, growing, bad shoes etc. We used Advil, ice/heat and while it would somewhat relieve the pain, it never really went away.

It wasn't until I stopped using the words "my back hurts" and started using the words "my spine hurts" that my mom really understood what kind of pain I was having and that I needed to see a doctor

It might be that your mom thinks you are just experiencing soreness or growing pains, neither of which a doctor can help you with. You need to phrase it in a way that will help her understand what kind of pain you're having.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back