Back Tuck Hellllllp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2012
Hey squad!
Okay here's the deal. I can do my back tuck perfectly with so much height on the spring floor, rod floor, and cheer floor. But when I try to do it on the grass, or the wooden gym floor (ie. football game or pep rally) I choke. I just can not get it over. I freak out and bock out of my handspring, and I am very frustrated with myself. Any tips? All are appreciated. thanks :)

Perhaps you have a mental block? These are super hard to get over, and in my experience they just take time and a lot of work.

However, doing skills on dead floors is scary! Chances of injury are multiplied, so make sure that you're safe! Have you tried a spotter on a dead floor?

I hope this helps! <3

In my opinion your confidence level just changed, I always tell my kids that tumbling doesnt come from whats beneath them but it comes from the individual doing it. When you find out how to do that tuck off a spring floor you'll be able to tumble almost in where, I know because Ive been in this situation before. Just have more confidence and get a spot if you need one if your not to sure about it.

In my opinion your confidence level just changed, I always tell my kids that tumbling doesnt come from whats beneath them but it comes from the individual doing it. When you find out how to do that tuck off a spring floor you'll be able to tumble almost in where, I know because Ive been in this situation before. Just have more confidence and get a spot if you need one if your not to sure about it.
I've tried throwing it with a spot on a dead floor, but I still am too scared to throw it!

I've tried throwing it with a spot on a dead floor, but I still am too scared to throw it!
It took a while for me to get comfortable throwing certain skills outside but thought one day, I cant take a spring floor where I go and I just got the courage to just do it over and over fell a lot then one day it just clicked. You just have to do more than what your thinking push all you got until your satisfied. You can do it!!!

They say that when you can't do tumbling on a hard surface like grass, the ground, or just a surface that isn't soft that it's your brain telling you that it's too hard to do & you might hurt yourself! The only way you can get it is to keep trying, but BE CAREFUL

Back