Back Tuck Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 12, 2012
ok so my coach is really trying to get me to do a standing back tuck but its really long on the tramp so i haven't even bothered trying on floor until it was perfect on tramp
she told me that i was setting for a back handspring and that i was to set up but i just cant figure out how to do that???
can anyone tell me how to do it properly??
how to get the height?
my coach has been pushing me for this skill and i really want her to see me improve on my tumbles

Probably one of my favorite tuck drills is in this video at about 1:30 in. You can set up stacked panel mats, crash mats, whatever will work. If you're jumping like a back handspring then stand about a foot in front of the mat and focus on holding a strong shape (not going into an arch) when you take off.

When you set for a BHS you are supposed to swing your arms past your shoulders & ears, for a standing tuck you want to stop the setting motion at the point where your arms are right next to your ears, this will give you maximum height. After your set instead of throwing your body back like you do in a BHS you will need to bring your knees up to your chest & focus on bringing your legs around. When you get the point where your legs are going around is when you can bring your arms around to your sides (or wherever you like). That way you will always have at least one part of your body rotating you around at a time. Another thing to work on is your core & ab strength, this will make it easier for you to pull you legs up quickly.
Hope this helps!!
xoxoxo

Back