Backstage Fun At Comp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 6, 2015
Hi there! This is my first post. I joined just so I could get some help with this. I've searched these forums and online and can't find the answer I'm looking for. We are a relatively new gym, and have been to competitions where we see other teams doing circle games and chants, having fun backstage right before they go on the floor. To dispel nerves I suppose! Our teams were interested and wanted some of their own to do. We've also seen them do games and things in the halls, etc. Can anyone give me some ideas?

We've done the human chain. Everyone puts their hands in the middle of a group. They grab someone else's hand and have to twist over and under until all the girls make a circle without letting go. To make it more competitive have two groups of girls and it's a race

We do 1 where everyone gets into 2 lines that gather so there is a sort of runway in the middle. The lines chant walk about 10 times and clap each time they say it. Then they say pose pose pose. 2 people strut down the center and do funny poses at the end and it just keeps going. When I went to Vegas for allstar games we got all of the people waiting for awards in the warmup room to do it. It was one of my fav memories.

Thank you! Helps so much. Competition is this weekend and I needed help fast. I just couldn't get the right search term on the 'ol internets to get what I wanted.

We do 1 where everyone gets into 2 lines that gather so there is a sort of runway in the middle. The lines chant walk about 10 times and clap each time they say it. Then they say pose pose pose. 2 people strut down the center and do funny poses at the end and it just keeps going. When I went to Vegas for allstar games we got all of the people waiting for awards in the warmup room to do it. It was one of my fav memories.
Is there a tune to that one? I like it because it sounds simple but fun, thank you.

Here in Quebec, this one is really popular:

We do it with more than one team at a time, so you can have many people in the center.

Back