All-Star Ball Up 360's. Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Have you seen kids stunting get better by working a harder stunt, making the original stunt easier? I see it all the time, even though it may run counter to the "progression" theory of tumbling. I can tell you every flyer in our gym that is throwing and hitting triple stretch tocs thinks that stretch to stretch is simple now. It is progression of both confidence, strenth and co-ordination. Now I made the mistake of bringing up Maddie in this thread, so fair game, fire away, but the kid has gotten better and better with each stunt as it has gotten harder by working a harder stunt in practice and taking it to the floor. This with a group that is brand new to her this year. Her stunts in Atlanta and Indy were much more solid than earlier in the year, there is progression, and improvement and it will work for everyone. Now, hitting when it counts, on the big stage against the biggest rivals in the sport is a function of experience.

I guess I never looked at it this way, so I rest my case! Like you mentioned tumbling progressions, that is I guess what I compare it to, don't move on before it's perfect, or "Perfection before Progression" that was popularized last season with the GK/TG thing.

Yeah DANI!! Go PCM. Just a little video of our last practice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGmJJsGPz_0

cool.png

why do they all do their bow-n-arrows that way though?

Do ball up 360's get full up points or tick tock points...
Like, if you did a ball up 360, and only had time for 1 stunt mount after that, would it be better to tick tock or full up?

:cool:

why do they all do their bow-n-arrows that way though?
like what behind the leg??? well lets just say some are a little less flexible then others LOL. No but really just my choice as the coach.
Do ball up 360's get full up points or tick tock points...
Like, if you did a ball up 360, and only had time for 1 stunt mount after that, would it be better to tick tock or full up?
I believe we should get release credit and twisting credit. Just in case any judges are watching make sure you make a note of that
wink.png

thats beautiful! i like the look of it hitting at the top so muhc better
Thanks!!! Dani is an amazing athlete..and the bases are ok too!!
biggrin.png

like what behind the leg??? well lets just say some are a little less flexible then others LOL. No but really just my choice as the coach.

I believe we should get release credit and twisting credit. Just in case any judges are watching make sure you make a note of that;)

Thanks!!! Dani is an amazing athlete..and the bases are ok too!! :D

But does it currently get release credit or twisting credit at a competition?

Well none of our current scoring systems actually have a "code of points" for individual skills
it would fall under "elite" skills and the 8-9 range for varsity and it would be in the 9-10 range for Jamfest for load ins/ dismounts/transitions
so unfortunately as awesome a skill that it is theoretically a basic tick tick or full up to extended 1 leg could out score it
mad.png

big flaw in our scoring systems to much control to judges discretion but that is another thread so I will not get on my soapbox here.

Back