Bases That Used To Be Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Both of my kids have transitioned to base (one exclusively, one still flies on one team) and they love it. I'm pretty sure they love it because their stunts are hitting. Both have been crossovers for a number of years, so both have based on their lower level teams for quite some time, so they didn't shock their systems so much. Basing isn't new, but basing bigger flyers is, at least for the oldest...and she is experiencing elbow, wrist, and tendon pain...though I couldn't say if it's from catching or throwing. On our other teams, all the old flyers have back pain and wrist pain... But to be fair, they are also tumbling at a higher level than before. I don't think that either of the coaches do a whole lot in the way of warm ups though.

Yeah I would say warming up is important making sure your muscles and stuff are loose. I mean cheer does wear on the body but doing more to prevent that helps so much so the coaches should be warming them up if that's a common theme even in tumbling starting lower and then going further before doing a routine.

Back