High School Basing.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2012
Okay so I've always been a tumbler but now I have to try out as a base or flyer and I'm def. too heavy to be a flyer. So I'm confused to how exactly a base bases. Also tips would be appreciated. We don't have basing classes around here.

Hey, I noticed you're from SC. I am too. PM me and I might be able to help you out

It's difficult at first but you get the hang of it really quick. Use your legs and communicate with your bases. Also, never EVER let your flyer touch the ground. If you have a gym around, maybe call and ask if they could arrange you a stunting private. If the gym doesn't offer that, if you have any cheer friends, go to open gym or hang out with them and ask them for help. Good luck!

Legs, legs, legs!! Use them!! Dont arch your back and make sure to really squeeze the foot. If you secOndary make sure to really get under and push up through your shoulders!!! Always be looking at your flyer and always catch her. Don't be afraid of being kicked or hit in the face/arms/legs/ stomach, it happens all the time.

Practice with a shoe- keeping it straight, not tilting it when you lift. Lift from your squats all the way up through your shoulders and then your arms- it makes things much easier.

Back