All-Star Battle Of The Bags ( What Bag Do You Recommend)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Glad to know my kid isn't the only person who wants the dream bag because it looks so cool!
We brought her a MacBook Pro for Christmas 2015, so now she needs a laptop backpack to carry it in around her computer on campus. She has the purple sparkle Nfinity bag, but it doesn't have a water bottle holder;I brought her the Vera Bradley laptop backpack on sale and she loves it, but she's worried about it not being big enough, so she's still looking at the Nfinity Princess Bag or the Rebel Dream Bag. Does anyone have any experience with either of those bags? Are they big enough for a college student?

Glad to know my kid isn't the only person who wants the dream bag because it looks so cool!
We brought her a MacBook Pro for Christmas 2015, so now she needs a laptop backpack to carry it in around her computer on campus. She has the purple sparkle Nfinity bag, but it doesn't have a water bottle holder;I brought her the Vera Bradley laptop backpack on sale and she loves it, but she's worried about it not being big enough, so she's still looking at the Nfinity Princess Bag or the Rebel Dream Bag. Does anyone have any experience with either of those bags? Are they big enough for a college student?

Coming from my experience as a college student, I didn't need a big bag. However, this does depend on one's major. I would assume that science and math majors tend to need more bulky text books. I get by just fine with a Jansport backpack.

Has anyone tried the Nfinity Weekender bag? I need a new backpack for the fall and I'm deciding between that, a plain Nfinity backpack, and a north face backpack. I'm wondering how much more space the weekender has in comparison... I carry a lot of stuff around (yay for the engineering building being far away from everything) so I need a backpack that fits a lot. I have an Nfinity sparkle but would get a black one for school because the sparkle is a little too flashy for what I want and mine has no water bottle holders (and I drink water like there's no tomorrow).
If anyone can compare the two it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the Nfinity Weekender bag? I need a new backpack for the fall and I'm deciding between that, a plain Nfinity backpack, and a north face backpack. I'm wondering how much more space the weekender has in comparison... I carry a lot of stuff around (yay for the engineering building being far away from everything) so I need a backpack that fits a lot. I have an Nfinity sparkle but would get a black one for school because the sparkle is a little too flashy for what I want and mine has no water bottle holders (and I drink water like there's no tomorrow).
If anyone can compare the two it would be much appreciated!

If you have to carry a lot of books/ binders etc. the north face probably isn't your best pick. I used one for school last year and it just didn't hold all of my books and binders.

If you have to carry a lot of books/ binders etc. the north face probably isn't your best pick. I used one for school last year and it just didn't hold all of my books and binders.

That is good to know! Looking at the dimensions Nfinity bags are bigger so I'm thinking that's the way to go. Plus they're less expensive, so it's a win-win!

jansport is a backpack brand that ive always trusted for everyday/sporting use. the one i got for 1st grade was fine all the way up to 12th. the only reason i didn't use it at uni was simply because i saw another jansport backpack that i liked. the other that i have is the 39L odyssey which is part of their outdoors line (most nfinity, rebel and ua bags backpacks are ~30L)

(he doesn't show one of the compartments.)

you could probably throw a jansport bag in a pool of lava and retrieve it unscathed. the only downside is that they don't come as water resistant. there's always spray/cover for that. the upside is their stitching and material quality. i tried looking for the fabric quality of nfinity, rebel and ua and they don't state it. it just says 100% nylon. also, there's a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

The School year before last, a girl who currently cheers on PCT Cobras Temptation was in my program, and switched into General Arts and Science last year and that program has a ton of Textbooks plus your computers and she was using an Nfinity Classic for College.

Nfinity classic original or whatever u call it is extremely durable more than the nfinity sparkle bags. I have had one for several years and its still going......

One of my roommates had an nfinity bag from when she cheered for high school. Shes a nursing major and has an older macbook pro and everything fit fine.

One of my roommates had an nfinity bag from when she cheered for high school. Shes a nursing major and has an older macbook pro and everything fit fine.

LOL I switched to the new Retina MacBook Pro in September. The other day I was carrying my friends older Macbook Pro for her. OMG it felt like I'd crammed three cheerleaders in there it felt so heavy.

jansport is a backpack brand that ive always trusted for everyday/sporting use. the one i got for 1st grade was fine all the way up to 12th. the only reason i didn't use it at uni was simply because i saw another jansport backpack that i liked. the other that i have is the 39L odyssey which is part of their outdoors line (most nfinity, rebel and ua bags backpacks are ~30L)

(he doesn't show one of the compartments.)

you could probably throw a jansport bag in a pool of lava and retrieve it unscathed. the only downside is that they don't come as water resistant. there's always spray/cover for that. the upside is their stitching and material quality. i tried looking for the fabric quality of nfinity, rebel and ua and they don't state it. it just says 100% nylon. also, there's a lifetime warranty.

I absolutely agree. My daughter always had to have the "pretty" bags and went through one in less than a school year. She finally just wanted a plain durable one and we got a black Jansport. She fit about a billion huge books in that thing plus more and it is still going strong.

Not sure if you've considered it, but I love my UA Hustle II backpack. I use it for travel and to the gym after work. Really solid bag. The South Carolina sports teams all use it, since they're a UA school.
Do you think this bag would be functional for a student? I need a new backpack going into my junior year of college and I need to to hold a lot but hold up well.

Do you think this bag would be functional for a student? I need a new backpack going into my junior year of college and I need to to hold a lot but hold up well.
It definitely would. All the athletes on campus were issued UA backpacks and they all used them.

If you're looking for school, I think Northfaces are a good option too. That's what I used through high school and college.

My daughter has an nfinity and I find once you put the sneaker case in, it makes the inner pockets really small. Planning to get her a rebel dream bag this year.

Back