All-Star Before There Were Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I saw an interesting & kind exchange this weekend at BATC. Some young cheerleaders (7-8 yr old) eagerly approached these "old" cheerleaders that used to be on a "premiere" LG Sr team. The young girls kindly asked for the "older" cheerleaders autographs. The old cheerleaders were actually touched by the request and were happy to sign. But after being in college for several years, the older girls turned and said "WOW, when did all this all happen?" These older girls were obviously rock stars of cheerleading BEFORE cheer-lebrity started. These ancient 19-20yr old girls went on to perform with wonderful skill and talent Sat & Sun. But then they did an even more amazing thing....

They got into their cars, late Sunday night, and returned to college & their lives. They returned to the REAL world of exams, real pressure & work demands. Not relying on how many followers they have or tweets they post. Just grateful that they were able to compete with their God-given talents. Realizing in a few short years, they have to "get a job". They will look back on their cheerleading careers not for the "cheerlebrity" of it all but for the sportsmanship, perserverance & discipline that they learned over the previous years.

It really put things in perspective for this mom.:cool:

For sure understand this. I saw girls that I have looked up to at comps when I was young but I didn't approach, because it seemed weird. This weekend at BATC to see people storm the front of the stage for some teams just looked out of place.

There was a world before cheerlebrities?!?
:)

I've never been to a big US competition, and i really can't imagine how crazy it must be for the athletes.

I saw an interesting & kind exchange this weekend at BATC. Some young cheerleaders (7-8 yr old) eagerly approached these "old" cheerleaders that used to be on a "premiere" LG Sr team. The young girls kindly asked for the "older" cheerleaders autographs. The old cheerleaders were actually touched by the request and were happy to sign. But after being in college for several years, the older girls turned and said "WOW, when did all this all happen?" These older girls were obviously rock stars of cheerleading BEFORE cheer-lebrity started. These ancient 19-20yr old girls went on to perform with wonderful skill and talent Sat & Sun. But then they did an even more amazing thing....

They got into their cars, late Sunday night, and returned to college & their lives. They returned to the REAL world of exams, real pressure & work demands. Not relying on how many followers they have or tweets they post. Just grateful that they were able to compete with their God-given talents. Realizing in a few short years, they have to "get a job". They will look back on their cheerleading careers not for the "cheerlebrity" of it all but for the sportsmanship, perserverance & discipline that they learned over the previous years.

It really put things in perspective for this mom.:cool:

you are wise!!!! <3 :kiss:

Latest posts

Back