All-Star Best And Worst Of All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I decided to share some of my negative expriences as a cheerleader, my dad is a consultant and we end up having to move around a lot. It was my second year of doing cheer and I was sort of just settling into the sport thinking that I finaly found true friends in that area. My team was an encredibly close team, we did pretty much everything together. When my dad said we had to move, the first thing that came to mind was cheer, I made encridble friends and I thought I finaly belonged somewhere. Leaving my team was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. I hoped that I would have the same connection with my new team in the new gym, but sadly I didn't. The team I joined was honestly a great team, we even placed 4th at the european championships, but we practicaly hated eachother. All I can remember is that in training everybody was being bitchy to eachother and a lot of the girls thought they were better than everybody else. I remember having to learn a new position in 2 weeks and having to relearn everything, and my flyer ended up screaming at me and telling me that I sucked and couldn't do anything. That night I cried when I got home from practice. My coaches were the nicest people ever and I was able to talk to them about it, but they still didn't kick the girl of the team like I hoped for. After the season I was placed on the same team again, this time with a few new girls including my little sister, but that year was even worst, at least the year before we would win. This time we just completly fell apart, two of the traininers stoped training the team and we only had 1 real trainer and two girls from the senior 6 team who wanted to try out training us. This year I am on a completly diffrent team with completly other girls and mybe 4 or 5 from the old team and all I can say, is that I notice the huge diffrence in the work ethic and I feel like I am part of a team again.

Thanks so much for sharing! I cannot imagine for frustrating that must have been, and I commend you for sticking it out and pushing through thanks to your love of the sport. I'm sure you are not the only one out there who had sadly had this experience, and I can only begin to imagine how frustrating it must have been to not only not have proper coaching, but also have girls blame you when you were given a short time to learn something as it was. I hope this season is better all around! Thanks again for sharing!

Just search for all posts under my name and you will get some great worst of cheer info.

As someone mentioned I don't have access to parent areas. I doubt that boards would be willing to grant me access for "book research" or anything like that, so for now I have to reply on things like this feed and then people who message me stories as well.

As someone mentioned I don't have access to parent areas. I doubt that boards would be willing to grant me access for "book research" or anything like that, so for now I have to reply on things like this feed and then people who message me stories as well.
I was going to say, the only way to get the 'worst of' is to invite people to contact you privately, as one of the 'worst ofs' is actually speaking your mind.

I was going to say, the only way to get the 'worst of' is to invite people to contact you privately, as one of the 'worst ofs' is actually speaking your mind.

A few people have contacted me, and have been really helpful. I'm not necessarily looking for the most terrible things in the world type of stories. Mostly just the things that often can cause drama and how teams work through them. I have had some athletes contact me to let me know their thoughts and feelings when things happened, as well as parents, and that has been really helpful. I don't plan on using much of what I have heard so far directly, but understanding the mindset and thoughts behind various things is allowing me to further shape and create the characters in my stories. I want it to really ring true of cheer, so knowing personal experiences and how it effect a season, team, or just a person has been truly helpful. Everyone being willing to share had been a really blessing!

@DanaBurkey I just wanted to say great job on joining the boards, while really kind of being an outsider to this industry, and being on the up and up with who you are and what you are looking for.

I am sure if you were ever able to attend some competitions there are many boarders who would like to meet you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@DanaBurkey I just wanted to say great job on joining the boards, while really kind of being an outsider to this industry, and being on the up and up with who you are and what you are looking for.

I am sure if you were ever able to attend some competitions there are many boarders who would like to meet you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm so glad I found the boards as well. While I was looking up various things like legal stunts for level 3 teams and stuff like that the boards would pop up, but I didn't think about joining until more recently.

I usually attend ATC in Bellevue, WA every year in Feburary, and then last year I also attended Sea to Sky in Vancouver, BC, Canada. One of the kids I worked with at camp a few years ago used to cheer for a local team(Northwest Silver Stars) and now is cheering for VAS, so I go to cheer her on!

I will likely post on the boards before any competitions I go to this year as well in case anyone is interested in meeting up and such! I love getting to chat with people on here, or e-mail with people who have read my books, so meeting people in person would for sure be even more exciting! :)

Back