College Best Cheerleading Colleges

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

College Cheer Guide

This is a great resource, thank you! It would be WONDERFUL if there were a "search engine" on it that would allow you to select "competitive", "coed", and "scholarship" and generate a list with all 3 of those choices. That would allow our search for a school to be so much quicker!! Any chance that is in the future plans?
Hi Level5Mom as well as everyone else out there!

I am the owner of College Cheer Guide and I wanted to thank you all for the constructive criticism!

Let me explain a little more about HOW we get our colleges and WHY there are only 250 on there...

We only added colleges that fill out a survey we have on our website. We then verify that the COACH or Spirit ADVISER has filled out the information. We do seek out these schools, but it does take some time to get them to add their programs. They are busy individuals and most of them are not full-time employees. ALSO, as of today about 80% of coaches are not concerned about their try-outs in April. They are focused on preparing their teams for Game Day and Nationals, that also makes it difficult to get them thinking about their 2011-2012 cheerleading squads.

We are working on adding about 500 more colleges added this year AND we are looking into bettering the website in many ways. It is in the works to be able to search and filter criteria (kinda of like shopping for a specific outfit on JCPenny or Kohls.)

As of right now we offer consulting. This is one on one time with me. I look at the childs GPA, SAT/ACT, and what they want to do AFTER college, NOT just get a degree... THEN I look at their skills and other important requirements to choose anywhere from 2-6 colleges for that cheerleader. You can look at a example by going to:
http://collegecheerguide.com/MainPages/Recommendations.html

I hope that helps explain a little more about us. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have anyquestions about College Cheer Guide and please continue to check out the website for updates.
Thank you,
Kat Jones
College Cheer Guide
[email protected]
www.collegecheerguide.com

I also think the fee that colleges are asked to pay to add their site is a little off putting. You want to get kids to go to your website and choose you to be their consultant, which means you should have a bunch of different schools up there, but at the same time you want schools to pay. To me the money should come from the consulting, not from the colleges. And I know that you have to keep all of the statistics updated and what not, but you should be seeking out this info anyway if you are trying to consult someone else. It seems to me that you can get the trust of more kids if you have relationships with more schools and there are some schools that just aren't going to pay no matter what. I coach at a teeny school and while I get paid, I will also pay some out of pocket if I feel the team needs it. I'm not going to put even $10 more dollars when I don't know if any of my recruits would even go to your site.
And why does the fee fluctuate? One week it's $10 and the next it's $20. I can't remember, but I thought I remembered seeing the fee even higher than that. Even on the website right now you want coaches to pay $20, but on the right it's talking about a $10 fee.

Hi Level5Mom as well as everyone else out there!

I am the owner of College Cheer Guide and I wanted to thank you all for the constructive criticism!

Let me explain a little more about HOW we get our colleges and WHY there are only 250 on there...

We only added colleges that fill out a survey we have on our website. We then verify that the COACH or Spirit ADVISER has filled out the information. We do seek out these schools, but it does take some time to get them to add their programs. They are busy individuals and most of them are not full-time employees. ALSO, as of today about 80% of coaches are not concerned about their try-outs in April. They are focused on preparing their teams for Game Day and Nationals, that also makes it difficult to get them thinking about their 2011-2012 cheerleading squads.

We are working on adding about 500 more colleges added this year AND we are looking into bettering the website in many ways. It is in the works to be able to search and filter criteria (kinda of like shopping for a specific outfit on JCPenny or Kohls.)

As of right now we offer consulting. This is one on one time with me. I look at the childs GPA, SAT/ACT, and what they want to do AFTER college, NOT just get a degree... THEN I look at their skills and other important requirements to choose anywhere from 2-6 colleges for that cheerleader. You can look at a example by going to:
http://collegecheerguide.com/MainPages/Recommendations.html

I hope that helps explain a little more about us. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have anyquestions about College Cheer Guide and please continue to check out the website for updates.
Thank you,
Kat Jones
College Cheer Guide
[email protected]
www.collegecheerguide.com

Quinnipiac in CT is and amazing college and they give cheer scholarships...its competitive cheer.

I go to Slippery Rock University and Cheer for the Coed Team, we got 2nd last year at UCA nationals in D2 division and our all girl squad got 1st!

i have to say slitz is on to something. most people end up doing nothing with the degree that they get anyway. life is too short. follow your passions and the rest falls in place. when you are there get a degree. they are pretty much all the same unless they say harvard or yale on them.

I think all of you are forgetting one major player in this All Girl college cheerleading thread...MOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY. we give lots of scholarships and our talent is through the roof. we, as a program, are 26 time national champions! We would love to check out all talent interested in cheering here. Our tryouts are April 14-17 2011 and we are having a HUGE Fall Stunt Clinic Nov 7, 2010. If you want more information check out this website: http://www.msueagles.com/news/2010/9/8/Cheer_0908102537.aspx

All I can say is that my daughter is new at U of MD and I have been TOTALLY blown away by how they treat their Comp Cheer (A&T) team! Unbelievable how dedicated the coaches and trainers are to them. Nevermind the "mandatory" study hall for athletes, that my girl is so GRATEFUL for (love hate relationship). I am so grateful for this wonderful transition, they are doing wonderful things for this sport!

Please think about your educaton as well!! Sure, cheerleading is wonderful and adds to the college experience.......but, your education should be a priority!! HPU does give out tution scholarships.......I beleive that is the only school that gives the most (UH does as well but not as many as HPU). Good luck.....this is an exciting time for you....all the best.

To the best of my knowledge, HPU is not accredited; and as such, credits from HPU do not transfer to other colleges. Of course, this is only a problem if you transfer, but take into account, Hawaii is an island which is very far from family and friends.
I have many friends who graduated from HPU and loved it and I have many who lost quite a few credits figuring out HPU wasn't for them.

To the best of my knowledge, HPU is not accredited; and as such, credits from HPU do not transfer to other colleges. Of course, this is only a problem if you transfer, but take into account, Hawaii is an island which is very far from family and friends.
I have many friends who graduated from HPU and loved it and I have many who lost quite a few credits figuring out HPU wasn't for them.

You should get your facts straight before you start spreading lies on the board... Just so you know HPU IS an accredited university and just like every other college when you transfer out of state not all of your credits are taken. I transferred to HPU this year and only 26 of my credits were used where as at UMD on my pre-evaluation only 15 of my credits were taken... So it really just depends.
AND yes Hawaii is an island you did get that right :) It also is far from family in most cases BUT I've only been here for one semester and its already been an experience of a lifetime! And personally I think even if you did transfer out and lose credits/money you wouldn't loose the AMAZING experience of living in paradise, going to one of the most diverse schools in the country, and of course cheering with 35 or so other talented team members. HPU was not my first choice but I don't regret it one bit!

Back