Best Cheerleading Teams In The Uk? :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I'm guessing there. I don't know much about cheer in wales, I think to travel to a more recognised team e.g. crusaders, rising stars, coventry dynamite, RSD Action will be 2hrs plus.

Depending on your ability, I would recommend staying with your local team & also doing a train monthly team like AV Lightning/Raptors, UA Black or RS Coed 5 :)

Where do you live and what ability/level are you?
Where do you live?

So I'm guessing there. I don't know much about cheer in wales, I think to travel to a more recognised team e.g. crusaders, rising stars, coventry dynamite, RSD Action will be 2hrs plus.

Depending on your ability, I would recommend staying with your local team & also doing a train monthly team like AV Lightning/Raptors, UA Black or RS Coed 5 :)

Well i'm going to uni in September, which i don't know where i'm going yet, has to have a good cheer squad near, so i'm open to ideas, :) !

Well i'm going to uni in September, which i don't know where i'm going yet, has to have a good cheer squad near, so i'm open to ideas, :) !
Are you in year 12 or 13? I don't recommend choosing your uni based on the strength of the team or teams in the area, but I've heard Leeds, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Manchester, Southhampton and Brunel are all good uni teams (note I said heard, I haven't actually seen some of them). Glasgow has lots of good teams in the area, and so does London.

Are you in year 12 or 13? I don't recommend choosing your uni based on the strength of the team or teams in the area, but I've heard Leeds, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Manchester, Southhampton and Brunel are all good uni teams (note I said heard, I haven't actually seen some of them). Glasgow has lots of good teams in the area, and so does London.
I'm aged 19 atm, and i'm looking for a Allstar team rather than a uni team :) xx.

I'm aged 19 atm, and i'm looking for a Allstar team rather than a uni team :) xx.
Oh, I thought you were because of you saying you were going next year, sorry :) I think the best teams in wales are all in the south eg. RSD, Academy, etc. I think Leighs suggestion of your local team and a national monthly team might be your best bet if the south wales teams are too far. I don't really know that much about welsh cheerleading :oops:

Oh I am moving for uni, but i want to join a allstar team, so it doesnt matter where it is in the uk :) preferably England or Wales :) xxx.

my advice is to pick a uni based on the course you want to do, the reputation of the uni, what is feasible location wise and what the uni can offer you with regards to placements etc.
then come back to us with your narrowed down choices and we will tell you about cheer teams near each uni.

I love cheer and have done for 10 years, i still cheer and im in my honors year BUT your career comes first so get a good degree that will enable you to get a good job. Cheer is for now and hopefully for a long time but i need to have a job to support me, its what i have to do every day for the rest of my life so it has to be something i love and something im good at!

I'd pick the uni first. Then look for teams. Your education is more important. I go to Stirling University and there are no allstar teams in the area but because we have a university team it keeps me going. I've had an absolute blast on the university team - I've met some really great people, it has a great social aspect and it's just as fun as allstar cheer. It's definitely worth joining if your university has one - you could even join an allstar in the area as well. I'm not competing this year and wish there was an allstar team nearby but since there isn't I just go to practice and work on my skills by myself so I can hopefully cheer allstar again when I graduate in June. People can be quite negative about university cheer in the UK - yes you need to start from the basics every year because of the huge amount of freshers who have never cheered before but you're still always improving - the standard of my university team this year is so much better than it was when I first joined. So please don't be so eager to rule out the possibility because it's definitely a good experience.

Well i'd love to be a cheer coach on the side once i've finished allstar, I'm already on a university team, and i felt it was a lot different, i'm not saying all uni teams our like this, but the one i'm on there more about cheering at games, going on socials, and doing one comp a year, where as allstar its all about comps, with a few charity events, which i prefer, :) xx.

Back