Best/easiest Way To Full Up?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

does anyone have a video on how to do the full up gribs with the left leg crossed over the right leg ?? looking to do a full up to a half

does anyone have a video on how to do the full up gribs with the left leg crossed over the right leg ?? looking to do a full up to a half
I have a video of it being done but not an instructional one, and it's kind of hard to see, but I can link it if you want? my team got full squad full up to prep working for only like 15 minutes on them so this grip is definitely, IMO, the easiest way to do it. Flyers who had never been able to full up got it consistently pretty fast!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have a video of it being done but not an instructional one, and it's kind of hard to see, but I can link it if you want? my team got full squad full up to prep working for only like 15 minutes on them so this grip is definitely, IMO, the easiest way to do it. Flyers who had never been able to full up got it consistently pretty fast!

I will take a look at it ! :)

We have a phrase for one of the skills a main base has to master in order to perform any twisting load ins. We call it "bringing in your chicken wing." Stay with me for one moment. While you are reading this put your hands in the position the main base would be in for a 360. now take your front arm (the one that is turned) with you elbow facing out- aka your "chicken wing" and take your elbow and bring it into your ribs, quickly. We have found that it helps our mains get a little bit more momentum and helps them keep control over that foot and not let the flyer control where the spin occurs, which when first learning tends to be forward.

Hope that helps!!
Ugh I always had problems with that in high school. I lost count of how many times my coaches would have to remind me to bring my elbow in. Lol

Last year on some thread they were talking about the full ups where the flyer crosses their legs at the bottom and I believe it had a picture and explained what to do for it. Does anyone remember what thread that was?

We do these and they work so easy we have them up to extensions. We tried the other way and that never worked this way our groups had them in 5 minutes.

Flyer loads in sponge left leg crossed over right. When looking at stunt the base to your left is toe/toe and the base to your right is heel/heel (base has hand closest to them under and the one further away face down in a grip position. the foot further away from each base is the one they hold onto when they twist up. The back spot pushes under the flyers bottom, if you use a front spot they grab straight on and help throw.

The flyer will twist to the right , base need to keep contact with that one foot and backspot will grab for their legs when they twist up at a prep and ankles for an extension. Front spot will grab front of legs when flyer twists up.

I hope this helps. its sounds more complicated then it is once your bases get the hand placement it works like a charm.

We do these and they work so easy we have them up to extensions. We tried the other way and that never worked this way our groups had them in 5 minutes.

Flyer loads in sponge left leg crossed over right. When looking at stunt the base to your left is toe/toe and the base to your right is heel/heel (base has hand closest to them under and the one further away face down in a grip position. the foot further away from each base is the one they hold onto when they twist up. The back spot pushes under the flyers bottom, if you use a front spot they grab straight on and help throw.

The flyer will twist to the right , base need to keep contact with that one foot and backspot will grab for their legs when they twist up at a prep and ankles for an extension. Front spot will grab front of legs when flyer twists up.

I hope this helps. its sounds more complicated then it is once your bases get the hand placement it works like a charm.
Any pictures of the bases grips? I'm more of a visual learner, ha

Are there any disadvantages to doing full ups this way? How does it effect score sheets? @King

Back