All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
As a coach of many years, there are so many memorable excuses that i have heard.
But the one i heard today from one of our youth kids tops the list -
the mom sent the coach an email saying that her daughter can't come to practice tonight because they bought a new hampster today and the hampster is afraid so they need to stay home with it to get it acclamated to their house.....:):) (i'm not making this up either....)
anybody else have some good stories??

i remember another - one girl's grandmother died 3 times in one year....

one girl on my school competition squad told the coaches every week that she either had a seizure, a temp of 106, a stomach ache, an asthma attack, stomach flu (there were others but those are the most memorable)

she missed EVERY practice until they decided to kick her off.
how believable

I've had two girls text me to ask if they could borrow some practice wear so they didn't HAVE to miss practice. They were 14 and 18, respectively. My cp is 12, and I don't keep extra, larger, practice wear just sitting around the house. I'll be darned if I didn't make it work, though, and they came to practice.

Oh how I thought I had heard em all, the hampster is a good one. My favorite story so far is a girls track coach called my CELL PHONE to let me know that she was ALLOWING her to come to practice but she wasn't allowed to fly because she had a meet the following weekend (this was the week of World's) I replied that I wouldn't make her fly if she wouldn't make her run, seemed fair to me ;) She didn't think so, needless to say she flew!

Somebody said they overslept....
Umm Sunday practices are at six.... You didn't oversleep

I actually did this once... I couldn't sleep at all the night before and had to help clean the house all day. I took a nap and accidentally woke up an hour after practice started. I still ended up throwing my clothes on and rushing to the gym, but I felt SO STUPID telling my coaches that I overslept for an evening practice.

We did have a girl say she couldn't make it to practice b/c she was throwing up all day. She magically ended up at practice that day but just couldn't tumble or mark the routine. At the end of practice the team moms put together a pizza party. Yeah that's right, she was the first one in line for pizza and slammed two pcs like it was nothing. I told her she may want to slow down and she just laughed. Yeah real sick, hahaha!!! smh

On my school team, a girl said she "forgot" there was practice when she was carrying around her cheer bag all day (we have practice right after school). Really, she was up the street at the pizza place with her friends. We can see the pizza place from where we practice, so it was pretty obvious she didnt "forget."

Lol pretty sure we been off since the beginning of last week and we don't go back till next week. We were off all break so anyways.. A girl didn't show up the practice before the last one and her mom told me her daughter has been working hard all season and really needs a break from the gym.
I was confused.. I was like it's our last practices before the break she said I know but I'm not going to make my daughter go. She can start her break early.

It only frustrates me because her daughter only practices 2 days a week on 1 team. My daughter practices 5 days a week Monday thru Friday straight on 2 different teams and a tumbling class and you can't make your daughter come to a Monday / thursday practice. It kills me.. She lives 10 mins from the gym and I live 1.5 hrs away- yeah okay?

Ha I'm sorry I get serious about practice and if she ever joins she will see the boards and know it's about her and Idc.

I actually did this once... I couldn't sleep at all the night before and had to help clean the house all day. I took a nap and accidentally woke up an hour after practice started. I still ended up throwing my clothes on and rushing to the gym, but I felt SO STUPID telling my coaches that I overslept for an evening practice.

I too slept in this year. My gym is 2.5-3 hours away and we had a 8 in the morning practice, we also competed for the first time the next day. I woke up at 750am and freaked out! I texted my coach and just told her the truth, she was not pleased. I got to practice two hours late, just in time for full outs. I felt so dumb haha.

I cant believe people think that some of these excuses are good enough to miss practice, I didnt even miss practice when I had my tonsils removed.

Lol pretty sure we been off since the beginning of last week and we don't go back till next week. We were off all break so anyways.. A girl didn't show up the practice before the last one and her mom told me her daughter has been working hard all season and really needs a break from the gym.
I was confused.. I was like it's our last practices before the break she said I know but I'm not going to make my daughter go. She can start her break early.

It only frustrates me because her daughter only practices 2 days a week on 1 team. My daughter practices 5 days a week Monday thru Friday straight on 2 different teams and a tumbling class and you can't make your daughter come to a Monday / thursday practice. It kills me.. She lives 10 mins from the gym and I live 1.5 hrs away- yeah okay?

Ha I'm sorry I get serious about practice and if she ever joins she will see the boards and know it's about her and Idc.
but only the dedicated people and one's that live for this sport seem to join the boards, and that parent sure doesn't seem to fall in either of those categories...

Back