All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"But it's my birthday!"

Cool, Happy Birthday! We compete in 2 days, we'll sing to you as we warm up tumbling. See you at practice.

"The weather is bad".........it wasn't even raining. Or snowing. Or even cold....

"We have to go shopping for her Miss ________ pageant next week." (The girl was 17 years old.)
My cp did cheer, gymnastic, dance and pageants, but she never missed practice for a pageant. We made it clear to her in the beginning, practice trumps pageants every time.
And I'm sure Fameous MOM agrees. ;)

About a year ago, I had a senior w/ very liberal parents.. she had company from another country... I woke up in the morning and since I monitor their facebook group, I saw she was just going to bed at 4 am with some very very jumbled words (we had 8 am practice)... of course she didn't answer her phone or show.... Instead, her mom called at noon and said that it was her fault b/c she didn't know the girl had practice and didn't wake her up. At monday's practice, I overheard her telling the team about her "wild night" (and it wasn't just a few drinks...)... she was 18!!!!!!!!! AND her mom has facebook... SMH

one girl on my team was in practice when all of a sudden a woman walks in and my team mate runs over to talk to her and just bursts into tears and screaming frantically grabbed her stuff and ran out. Turns out her EX boyfriend was getting his appendix removed for precautionary issues..... as in it hadn't even burst. Then the next day she missed practice AGAIN to stay in the hospital with her EX boyfriend........ the kid who got his appendix removed, his brother was in school while she was at the hospital. smh.:banghead:

another girl had been spoken to after our game for having snotty comments about a stunt group... it didn't go her way needless to say.. so she called my coach the next morning and said she was stuck in her drive way because of the snow (she is rich and has a HUGE diesel truck) and their was less than an inch of snow on the ground. When my coach said that, her father called and said she was sick. That same day she posted pictures of herself all done up on facebook. :mad:

Also got a "my daughter is in the ER and will not be at practice tonight" text an hour into practice. Of course, I responded concerned, saying please keep me updated on if I need to pull her for this weekend, etc. "No she'll be fine she'll see you tomorrow". She came to practice the next day and competed that weekend. Nothing more was ever spoken of it.

In her defense...there are lots of things you go to the ER for that you know you'll be fine as soon as you leave. Migraines, asthma treatments etc. I don't always tell people why I'm there either (this thread is the reason - because I don't like people judging my reasoning for the things I do...such as "She went to the ER for a migraine?!?! Whatever...")

Or she could just be a big fat liar and just didn't want to go to practice... :p

last year one girl said she couldn't come because she was sick then proceeded to update her facebook & bbm status' that she was at the mall with her boyfriend.. social networking at its finest :rolleyes:
on the same note, a girl told my coach she was quitting because she had a lot going on at home and she HAD to quit. Two week later I found her on twitter and on the same night we found she was quitting, she tweeted "11 years of cheerleading finally over" ....yeah sounds like you're really devastated.

Last year, I had a girl on my Worlds team (she ended up getting kicked off/quit) but she didn't come one day because the sun was so bright all day she had a headache because she forgot her sunglasses.

This years best excuse.... "I have to miss practice because I have family in town!" Later I see Facebook status: "Just left practice. Heading to se TWILIGHT!"

A few months ago when we had team day on a Saturday afteroon.. two girls on the senior team said they couldnt be there b/c they had SAT prep at school... then they "checked in" on facebook to some concert! UGh.. if you are gonna lie dont be posting all over facebook!
Our coaches require written confirmation from the school when we have practices that conflict with testing.

Back