All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"But it's my birthday!"

Cool, Happy Birthday! We compete in 2 days, we'll sing to you as we warm up tumbling. See you at practice.

"The weather is bad".........it wasn't even raining. Or snowing. Or even cold....

"We have to go shopping for her Miss ________ pageant next week." (The girl was 17 years old.)
Do you not watch toddlers and tiaras? Those pageant people are serious about that stuff! ;) (s/n don't really like that show)

Last year, I had a girl on my Worlds team (she ended up getting kicked off/quit) but she didn't come one day because the sun was so bright all day she had a headache because she forgot her sunglasses.

If I don't have my sunglasses and the sun is really bright, I get a migraine that knocks me out....throwing up and everything.

...I once coached a middle school team and had a parent call me right before we got out for the Christmas holidays to tell me that her child needed to "rest up for Winter Break"

basically your child needs to rest up to sit around and do nothing? Oh. Ok.

Last semester I got coerced into helping with the college team at work...and I had several of them tell me they couldn't practice at 6pm because it would interfere with dinner (I told them that they can just eat Smart Ones tv dinners twice a week...)..

They were also more willing to get up and have practice at 4am...to which I told them Never....because "I had places to be at 4am" as in asleep.

There will never be a day that I willingly get up at 4am in exchange for dinner. I don't even like food that much.

These are funny, I'm enjoying them immensely, but I'm surprised by how many programs don't have mandatory practices all. the. time! Cp's gym is missing for hospitalization of the cp or death in the family or school function that counts towards grades. period. no other "excuses" and you better be able to provide documentation! LOL. it's very rare that someone misses practice.

If I don't have my sunglasses and the sun is really bright, I get a migraine that knocks me out....throwing up and everything.

Then wear sunglasses.... Not my fault. If you know you get migraines from the sun being bright, and you know that it is summer time, have sunglasses handy. If someone has a migraine, and is throwing up, and is not contagious. You should be at practice sitting and watching.

SheCheers said:
These are funny, I'm enjoying them immensely, but I'm surprised by how many programs don't have mandatory practices all. the. time! Cp's gym is missing for hospitalization of the cp or death in the family or school function that counts towards grades. period. no other "excuses" and you better be able to provide documentation! LOL. it's very rare that someone misses practice.

We have excused and Un-excused absences spelled out in our handbook. The list for excused is very short. Death. Hospitalization. Graded school event. The list for unexcused is infinite.

Mom calls on a Monday to let us know that her cp is sick and will not be at practice.....on Thursday!!!!! Really?!?!? You know for a fact that Susie won't be better by then....smh
We get that from our Juniors a lot! -.-

Or stuff like "So and so's birthday is saturday and im invited to the party". Our Saturday practice is 9AM-12pm... Sorry, but what bday party starts at 9am!?

so its my first year coaching and I coach a Jr high team, well there is a girl on the comp team said she missed practice for her last waterpolo game of the season so I was like ok thats fine last game, but tell me why she missed it 3 times also cried once because I was like where are you why you mising practices, and then she told me another story that she quitted waterpolo to be on the team but its whatever shes replaced lol

so its my first year coaching and I coach a Jr high team, well there is a girl on the comp team said she missed practice for her last waterpolo game of the season so I was like ok thats fine last game, but tell me why she missed it 3 times also cried once because I was like where are you why you mising practices, and then she told me another story that she quitted waterpolo to be on the team but its whatever shes replaced lol

ahahahaahahahahahaha!

One of the girls on my team last year was late to a game and we were practicing for it and our coach told someone to go text her. She said that she and her mom were saving puppies.... Which ended up being completely true. They were on their way to the school, stopped at a stop light and they saw a bag on the side of the road and a puppy crawled out. They got out and found 5 very young puppies in the bag. They then proceeded to take them home before heading back to the school. hahaha My coach being a serious animal lover let that one slide.

throwing up and pink eye are used most....cuz you can't really refute them so I know some parents who go with it....my kids must have a fever or pink eye for real....but too many times I have seen practices be a shell of what they need to be because of kids missing....it's a TEAM sport people....#endrant....:) Happy New Year!

I love the "she has to study for a test" excuse. Don't we all? Lol
I have actually had to do this but i still came to practice but worked on it during practice because me missing school for 2 days due to strep throat wasn't a good enough excuse for the school apparently and told me all my work needed to be done the next day and i was at the gym all night. Luckily no competitions were near

Back