All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"But it's my birthday!"

Cool, Happy Birthday! We compete in 2 days, we'll sing to you as we warm up tumbling. See you at practice.

"The weather is bad".........it wasn't even raining. Or snowing. Or even cold....

"We have to go shopping for her Miss ________ pageant next week." (The girl was 17 years old.)
My birthday falls on Cheersport Weekend EVERY YEAR! FRIGGIN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

We get that from our Juniors a lot! -.-

Or stuff like "So and so's birthday is saturday and im invited to the party". Our Saturday practice is 9AM-12pm... Sorry, but what bday party starts at 9am!?

We just had a parent say that 2 weeks ago!!!! We scheduled an extra practice on a Saturday 9-11 and a mom called and said her cp has a b-day party that starts at 12...I asked why she couldn't be at practice when we get done before it starts and her response was "she needs to get dressed and get her hair done"!!!! I died....and the party was for her 3 year old cousin.....:-\

I had a girl miss because she "HAD to get a Xmas tree". This was on December 20th.

1. Why on earth are you getting a tree, putting it up, and decorating it when it will be up for about a week?
2. You had a month after Thanksgiving to get it, and it had to be on a practice night?

I also have a girl that is late ATLEAST 15 minutes every practice. You may ask why...."I have things to do besides cheerleading." Oh snap.

I had a girl miss because she "HAD to get a Xmas tree". This was on December 20th.

1. Why on earth are you getting a tree, putting it up, and decorating it when it will be up for about a week?
2. You had a month after Thanksgiving to get it, and it had to be on a practice night?

I also have a girl that is late ATLEAST 15 minutes every practice. You may ask why...."I have things to do besides cheerleading." Oh snap.

To which I would reply, "Well La-Ti-Da. Aren't you Miss Thang?!!"

I love the "she has to study for a test" excuse. Don't we all? Lol
Got this one all the time this year too. Hope they don't plan on cheering/coaching in college. I was sitting late into the night at basketball games with my girls when I had a 8am final the next morning....notecards, textbooks and all.

In her defense...there are lots of things you go to the ER for that you know you'll be fine as soon as you leave. Migraines, asthma treatments etc. I don't always tell people why I'm there either (this thread is the reason - because I don't like people judging my reasoning for the things I do...such as "She went to the ER for a migraine?!?! Whatever...")

Or she could just be a big fat liar and just didn't want to go to practice... :p
This could be true. But...I think you had to know this girl...she was a frequent offender in trying to weasel her way out of things.

I've heard 'sorry I have to go to the gym with my friends, I made plans.' 'I have to go to buy a new bed with my mum after school.' 'I was going to get my tragus pierced.' and my favourite 'Oh sorry, I have a party tonight and I need to buy alcohol.'

All these excuses were from a FIFTEEN year old girl. She knew that practise was at the same time every week (and we only had an hour a week.) She was the same girl that then threw a mini tantrum when they came fourth at a competition.

No underwear. Seriously.

One guy on my team is always late to practice. On this particular occasion he walks in 15mins late, yells apologies over our warm ups as he walks to the guys change rooms. Comes out of there 10mins later still in his street clothes and calls out "hey, does anyone have a spare pair of jocks?"

Coach still made him train while the rest of the team cringed any time we had to be near him. WHO DOESN'T WEAR UNDERWEAR?!!! And to follow on, who lends (or wants to borrow) other people's undies?!

I've heard 'sorry I have to go to the gym with my friends, I made plans.' 'I have to go to buy a new bed with my mum after school.' 'I was going to get my tragus pierced.' and my favourite 'Oh sorry, I have a party tonight and I need to buy alcohol.'

All these excuses were from a FIFTEEN year old girl. She knew that practise was at the same time every week (and we only had an hour a week.) She was the same girl that then threw a mini tantrum when they came fourth at a competition.
Uhhmmmm alcohol and she's fifteen? And that was her excuse?! Uhhhhhh right....

Back