All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Had 1/2 of a team miss because all of their moms went out that night, one of the girls dads brought her and she ratted them out, then the moms posted on facebook, then they wonder why they weren't ready for their first comp. Let me add this was a weekday practice

I also just love the studying excuse, really I get to drive home (almost an hour,

opps my computer just posted that by it's self.lol

I also just love the studying excuse, really I get to drive home almost an hour and study for 2 test, you live 5 mins away

I'm sorry I just love this thread.

I love it too:) I'm not a coach, I'm an athlete, but for some reason everyone always tells ME to tell the coaches when they can't make it to practice (I know, crazy right?!) so I've heard just about every excuse in the book. Including, "I don't know!! Just tell them I might not be there!!!"
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? If you DON'T know why you "might not" be at practice, then don't even TRY and tell me to tell them!?!...... Whenever someone tells me to tell the coaches, I usually say, "No, you need to call the gym and let them know yourself." But I usually check to make sure that the coaches know, just incase. But still. It just bugs me.

I've heard 'sorry I have to go to the gym with my friends, I made plans.' 'I have to go to buy a new bed with my mum after school.' 'I was going to get my tragus pierced.' and my favourite 'Oh sorry, I have a party tonight and I need to buy alcohol.'

All these excuses were from a FIFTEEN year old girl. She knew that practise was at the same time every week (and we only had an hour a week.) She was the same girl that then threw a mini tantrum when they came fourth at a competition.

I think this one takes the 'are-you-an-idiot' cake.

I'm not a coach, I'm an athlete, but for some reason everyone always tells ME to tell the coaches when they can't make it to practice, well, they used to anyway, people don't really anymore, but okay so anyway, so I've heard just about every excuse in the book. Including, "I don't know!! Just tell them I might not be there!!!"
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? If you DON'T know why you "might not" be at practice, then don't even TRY and tell me to tell them!?!...... Whenever someone tells me to tell the coaches, I usually say, "No, you need to call the gym and let them know yourself." But I usually check to make sure that the coaches know, just incase. But still. It just bugs me.

Then wear sunglasses.... Not my fault. If you know you get migraines from the sun being bright, and you know that it is summer time, have sunglasses handy. If someone has a migraine, and is throwing up, and is not contagious. You should be at practice sitting and watching.

I agree it is her responsibility to keep the sunglasses with her. With that said my CP migraines make her vomit, extreme pain, blurry vision to even temporary blindess. She has to be in a very dark and quiet place when one comes on.

One of my personal favs... "sorry, I know you guys have competition this weekend, but she can't come to practice tonight because we're taking the kids out for dinner. It's been a long time since we all had a night where we could be together for dinner so we've decided to just go ahead and do it tonight." ....... so she can't come to dinner because she has to eat dinner? Weird... my family didn't eat dinner until we got home from our 45 minute drive home from the gym each night... at 9pm. Who knew all I had to do was declare it 'family dinner night'.

Latest posts

Back