OT Best Video Camera for recording at competitions.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i have one of the earliest models of the flip camera and it broke and i cant upload videos onto my computer. the quality was not that great either. i mostly used my digital camera for videos because the quality seemed alot better.

I have 2 different ones I use....one is a small red Vivitar (my ninja cam)...it's easy to hide in my bag and is small enough that it's hard to see when I'm holding it. The secret is not to hold it up and make it obvious you are taping..lol
My favorite and newest one is my Canon Vixia HV40 HDV cam. It has Optical image stabilization, 10x optical zoom, instant AF...it was a bit pricier then my ninja cam but the quality is amazing. Only downside is that it is a MiniDV where as the Vivitar is a flash drive.
I also have a Kodak Easyshare I use for still pics (which I suck at taking...)

I love, love, love my Sony Handycam. It is small enough that I can keep it pretty well hidden since it fits in my hand, and the quality is amazing. If you want an example, check the video Wiki and view either of the first two UA Monarchs (Mini 1) videos. Those were both recorded with that camcorder. The third was with my still camera (also a Sony).

I have a FLIPMinoHD- the new one, which retails for 179.99-199.99 but luckily I sell AVON and can get it for $89.00 through there and that is BEFORE my discount. If anyone wants to order one, please let me know and I can direct you there :). I can't give much of a review for one because I just got mine and haven't used it. My daughter does gymnastics but they are on Xmas break until Jan 8th. I hope to be able to use it tons when she is back in action :)

i see everyone at competitions with a flip. i had a flip before but i didn't like it very much because it broke often. but .. it is good for people who rarely use it. i used it almost everyday for an hour.

I might be getting a flip. My dad says they're really good and they've improved a lot since they first came out. They're HD now so that makes me really happy :)

Back