All-Star Bid Declining??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 4, 2010
Not sure if it has been discussed? I wanted to talk about the process as in "what happens to the bid after its declined"? And do individual comapnies decide that? Also who has declined alrerady and who is planning on declining to go for a larger bid?

Not sure if it has been discussed? I wanted to talk about the process as in "what happens to the bid after its declined"? And do individual comapnies decide that? Also who has declined alrerady and who is planning on declining to go for a larger bid?

Teams with At Large bids are eligible for Partial or Paid bids without declining the At Large. Teams with Partial are eligible for Paid without declining the partial. At Large bids are not passed on after a certain amount of time. Money bids can be.

When a bid is declined, it usually goes to the person with the next highest score. My team, for example, accepted an at large bid in december but next weekend we are trying to get a partial paid bid. If we get the partial paid, we will "give back" the at large bid and the second place will get it.

When a bid is declined, it usually goes to the person with the next highest score. My team, for example, accepted an at large bid in december but next weekend we are trying to get a partial paid bid. If we get the partial paid, we will "give back" the at large bid and the second place will get it.

Wrong. Once an at large bid is accepted, it can't be handed down.

It will only go to the next team in line if it is declined at (or in advance of) the event.

True, you can't pass down an at large unless you decline before the competition. Partials and full paids can be, and are usually passed down to the next highest scoring team depending on the way bids are given out (if they had 2 full paids and one goes to all girl and one goes to coed, and the coed team declines their bid, it will go to the next highest scoring coed team regardless of an all girl team scoring higher).

sooooo? ACEDAD, they can accept and still get a bigger bid and then if they accept the bigger bid the AL just disapears?

Wrong. Once an at large bid is accepted, it can't be handed down.

It will only go to the next team in line if it is declined at (or in advance of) the event.

I wish this was changed. There are probably some teams declining their at large bid for a higher bid and the at large goes unused because of the time restraint.

I wish this was changed. There are probably some teams declining their at large bid for a higher bid and the at large goes unused because of the time restraint.

I think you are misunderstanding something, but I'm not sure. Will you explain your answer a bit more?

I think you are misunderstanding something, but I'm not sure. Will you explain your answer a bit more?

Sure. If a team excepts an At Large bid then wins a partial/paid bid two or three weeks later than the At Large bid goes unused since it has been beyond the 72 hour accept/decline time frame. Thats how I understand it anyway.

Sure. If a team excepts an At Large bid then wins a partial/paid bid two or three weeks later than the At Large bid goes unused since it has been geyonf the 72 hour accept/decline time frame. Thats how I understand it anyway.

Got it. The time constraint is irrelevant. Let's say a team wins an at large bid at an event on Friday and they accept it. Then they compete at another bid event over the weekend and win a paid bid on Sunday and accept it. The at large bid is gone regardless of the time. Once it is accepted, it can never be given to another team.

This is really a good rule because bids were being handed down several times over the season. It was confusing and horribly devalued the bid.

Got it. The time constraint is irrelevant. Let's say a team wins an at large bid at an event on Friday and they accept it. Then they compete at another bid event over the weekend and win a paid bid on Sunday and accept it. The at large bid is gone regardless of the time. Once it is accepted, it can never be given to another team.

This is really a good rule because bids were being handed down several times over the season. It was confusing and horribly devalued the bid.

I can understand how it could be confusing but how does it devalue the bid?

I can understand how it could be confusing but how does it devalue the bid?

Because a bid should be earned and won. A bid that has belonged to multiple gyms in the same year, just doesn't have the same appeal.

fullhouse delined a bi this past weekend but they took 2

No, we didn't. There was a mistake on the website that said Open 6 was declining their bid eligibility, but that wasn't the case. We definitely wanted a bid. The owner talked to the staff and cleared that up and then Open 6 and IAG5 both got At-Large bids.

Back