All-Star Big Nca Spreadsheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlueCat

Roses are red, cats are blue
Dec 14, 2009

We need some assistance. I believe that under the "title count" tab, there are many programs missing. I would like to include every program that has won a title, but I'm not sure the easiest way to do that given my time limitations. Any thoughts?

Also, we (kind of arbitrarily) decided 15 years ago to count division wins, plus overall grand champion, plus (now discontinued) "program champion" to decide how many "NCA Titles" a program has won. Thoughts on that? I see both sides of doing that vs only counting actual divisions won.

For reference:

Big Worlds Spreadsheet:

I started to do it, added like 2 programs, then realized that you would then need to go through and change the formula on every row to make it automatically rank. Figured that would be easier to do once all the programs had been added and you had the total number of rows. Unless I don't know the shortcut of doing that (this probably makes no sense written out). But I believe it goes as far back as 2012, maybe even further, with programs not being added.

Also, I think some of the formulas on the total count column are wonky so I had done a few of them by hand. I think it has to do with some program names being entered in different ways on the Titles tab.

I've got a slow week next week and can definitely work on it more.

You would need to start by making sure all of the program names are consistent in the titles page. Using our program as an example, you would need to drop the city names from some of our titles and just use the actual city column to reference that if you needed. (Cheer Athletics Columbus becomes just Cheer Athletics).

I think it was originally just done manually, so there are probably differences in formulas all over the place.

Also, we (kind of arbitrarily) decided 15 years ago to count division wins, plus overall grand champion, plus (now discontinued) "program champion" to decide how many "NCA Titles" a program has won. Thoughts on that? I see both sides of doing that vs only counting actual divisions won.
ooh what exactly is Program champion? The program with the highest score(s)?

ooh what exactly is Program champion? The program with the highest score(s)?
It was an average of the the top 6 scores from the program if I remember correctly.

I know this is NCA, but does anyone have the link for the worlds spreadsheet? Or know where I can find full results from past worlds (specifically the last five years, that have us trials results for io teams). I can search the boards on my computer this evening but if anyone has it handy that would save me some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is NCA, but does anyone have the link for the worlds spreadsheet? Or know where I can find full results from past worlds (specifically the last five years, that have us trials results for io teams). I can search the boards on my computer this evening but if anyone has it handy that would save me some time

It is in the third post in this thread.

Last edited:
It is in the third post in this thread.

Thanks. When I opened that on my phone it only showed the the medal count so I wasn't sure if it was the same one. I'll have to find my laptop tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need some assistance. I believe that under the "title count" tab, there are many programs missing. I would like to include every program that has won a title, but I'm not sure the easiest way to do that given my time limitations. Any thoughts?

@BlueCat or anyone. I am researching some things but I have a question about the NCA 17 page. I see columns for I assume placements and scores with two sets. I cannot see titles/headings on these columns. So are these day one and day two scores and placements or day one and FINAL scores and placements? thanks in advance

@BlueCat or anyone. I am researching some things but I have a question about the NCA 17 page. I see columns for I assume placements and scores with two sets. I cannot see titles/headings on these columns. So are these day one and day two scores and placements or day one and FINAL scores and placements? thanks in advance
Those are Final scores and placements. I'm not sure why the headings were removed. I've added them back in.

Back