All-Star Big Sister/little Sister

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2017
I noticed on our August schedule that CP has a big sister/little sister activity coming up, and I'm wondering how this works for a kid like mine who is starting out in All Star at age 12? I find a lot of craft/gift ideas online, but very little about the logistics of such a program. (To be honest, I'm starting to feel like I need a cheer mom mentor or something....)

I noticed on our August schedule that CP has a big sister/little sister activity coming up, and I'm wondering how this works for a kid like mine who is starting out in All Star at age 12? I find a lot of craft/gift ideas online, but very little about the logistics of such a program. (To be honest, I'm starting to feel like I need a cheer mom mentor or something....)
I think it depends on your gym. My CP cheers at a small gym and when we do bigs/littles we do it based on time on a team. For example my CP is 12, this is her second season on Sr3 so at our gym she would be a big to someone who is on Sr3 for the first time...generally that would be someone either younger than her or close to the same age but not necessarily :)

Every gym handles this differently. Your best bet is to find someone who has been at the gym for a few years and find out what has worked well in the past.

(To be honest, I'm starting to feel like I need a cheer mom mentor or something....)

It is pretty crazy to walk into all star cheer. Make friends with a good fellow mom on your team and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is a ton of info on this website. I make sure to stay connected with all social media that the gym offers too so that I don't miss a beat. Good Luck and ENJOY THE RIDE :)

It depends on the gym. CP has done big/little sisters in the past her first year the senior team were the big sisters and youth team was the little sisters. Last year it was just the junior team, the decided an age and everyone that age and older were big sisters the others little sisters.

Normally want CP's gym did was they got a little good luck gift to give to their big or little sister at competitions. People normally spent around $5-$10 for the gift. I know when CP broke her arm and had to have surgery her first year her big sister got her a stuff animal and got a get well card that she took around and had people sign then gave to her before her surgery that was something extra.

Welcome to the world of All Star Cheer.... LOL My CP and I were first timers last year and like some one has previously posted just ask someone who may be able to help you navigate the way it is done at your gym. The Big/Little thingy was optional and had to be kept among the team at our gym. For example if they were all about the same age they did it like a "Secret Sister" for each competition. But, believe me I got a lot of eye rolls sometimes with my questions but hey, either I did not know or just wanted to be sure that I understood what was happening KWIM and ditto on wishing you had a cheer mentor or something God knows new cheer parents need it. Also, finding this board was a huge help as well so you are in a good place here. Good luck to you and your CP!

Latest posts

Back