Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When people walk/stand right in front of you when your watching your team perform!

Ugh. I HATE this with a fiery passion. So rude!
mad.png

When girls walk around macking on their boyfriend or wearing just their spankies with no skirt.

eek.png
eek.png
eek.png
OMG...What gym would allow this??? Both gyms we've gone to would KILL the girls if they did this! (One the spankies were sewn in, so it would've been impossible, but still...) I think the "mom" in me would fly out and I'd have to say something.

When people walk/stand right in front of you when your watching your team perform!​
oh i hate it!!! it happened to me last competition. one of the girls would make a small sign with her hand when they were on the mat to show they were ready for the music to start. i stood next to the person in charge of playing the music and just when she made the sign, a person from the next team jumped up in front of me to hand in their music. by missing the sign i didnt know they were ready and the girls got nervous because the music didnt start...aaah!

Ugh. I HATE this with a fiery passion. So rude!:mad:

:eek::eek::eek: OMG...What gym would allow this??? Both gyms we've gone to would KILL the girls if they did this! (One the spankies were sewn in, so it would've been impossible, but still...) I think the "mom" in me would fly out and I'd have to say something.
I know right?! I've only seen this a few times but I couldn't believe it. If I was their coach they'd be in trouble.

I know right?! I've only seen this a few times but I couldn't believe it. If I was their coach they'd be in trouble.

I mean I know some of the new shorts are just as short as spankies, but they're SHORTS--meant to be seen. Spankies are NOT AN OUTFIT. Gross. I think this may be my new competition pet peeve even tho fortunately I've never had to live through it.

But I also hate competitions that are not scheduled well. Last year at US Finals my older daughter's senior team went early in the morning and had awards at lunchtime. My younger one's MINI team went on at 8 PM and had awards at 9:15. Seriously??? Isn't that backwards? It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that teenagers have no problem being up til 10 or 11 at night. 5-8 year olds? God they were so cranky. It was awful.

1. When someone lands their tumbling pass and they shimmy for the rest of the routine, smack their butt cheek, blow a kiss, point, snap, clap, and whip their ponytail until they go airborn.
2. Spankies that don't cover your entire butt cheeks and then the skirt flies up and the whole crowd gets a front row view of the full moon running around the stage.
3. People who save like, 17 rows of seats with just one duffel bag and you go to find a seat and you see an empty row and some lady all the way across the convention center's all like "THAT SEAT IS TAKEN!"

Back