All-Star Black Cheer/dance Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2012
Hello all,

So, my program has decided we want black cheer shoes - but we are a strictly competition only program for YOUTH kids and we do not want to be spending over 40.00 on new shoes..

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get black sneakers at a low price?

Thank you!

Hello all,

So, my program has decided we want black cheer shoes - but we are a strictly competition only program for YOUTH kids and we do not want to be spending over 40.00 on new shoes..

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get black sneakers at a low price?

Thank you!

Just thinking - black cheer shoes are considered 'unique' as opposed to their counterpart white shoes. With that in mind, anything that is a stray from 'normal' is usually more expensive. Considering most strictly competitive cheerleaders opt for an nfinity or varsity shoe (various reasons, but weight/sleekness being two major factors) and those run close to $100 a pair - I think finding a black shoe with the same functionality would be in and around the $100 range as well.
Known teams who use black sneakers (Top Gun & Cali come to mind) are known for spending money on their athletes attire - whether it be through fundraising or parents - those looks do not come cheap.
Alternatively you can go with a regular black sneaker - but again, cheer shoes are built in a way to help cheerleaders perform. A regular sneaker may not be in the best interest of your athletes & program.

Important to note - I am just speculating, I have not actually looked very far into it.

Just thinking - black cheer shoes are considered 'unique' as opposed to their counterpart white shoes. With that in mind, anything that is a stray from 'normal' is usually more expensive. Considering most strictly competitive cheerleaders opt for an nfinity or varsity shoe (various reasons, but weight/sleekness being two major factors) and those run close to $100 a pair - I think finding a black shoe with the same functionality would be in and around the $100 range as well.
Known teams who use black sneakers (Top Gun & Cali come to mind) are known for spending money on their athletes attire - whether it be through fundraising or parents - those looks do not come cheap.
Alternatively you can go with a regular black sneaker - but again, cheer shoes are built in a way to help cheerleaders perform. A regular sneaker may not be in the best interest of your athletes & program.

Important to note - I am just speculating, I have not actually looked very far into it.

I researched and saw that the custom vros (Top Gun) start at $119.99 for the black shoe.

Varsity's black ascend shoe is 115 dollars plus shipping.

The only upside I can see to the black shoes is the dirt will be less visible than a typical white sneaker. If you're not washing them they turn to gray really quick.

While not true cheer shoes payless sells solid black that I have used for parades for my girls for dance so they didn't wreck their regular dance shoes.

While not true cheer shoes payless sells solid black that I have used for parades for my girls for dance so they didn't wreck their regular dance shoes.
I seen those at payless ! They don't have them anymore :/

Nike DID make a black cheerleading sneaker - Nike Musique IV. You can search around and see if you can find them in black and the size that you need.
Also - Varsity has these available for $75...closer to $40, but still not exactly what you're looking for. They claim to be dance sneakers, but they're also under the 'cheerleading' section of their website - so I have a strong feeling they can be used for either.
Varsity Beat Dance Shoe | Shop Dance Shoes and Cheer Shoes
Good luck!

I wore black nike shoes from Modell's Sporting Goods last year for cheer. There 64.99 for men. idk about girls

Back