OT Book Club

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought I would download an audiobook for a new "soundtrack" for running to switch it up a bit... why are they so expensive :confused: I could buy 2 hardcovers for those prices.

Can you rent audiobooks digitally?

ETA: should I subscribe to audible.com or is that not worth it? helppppp.

You can rent audio books through your library - that's where I get all mine from. And it's free so... thumbs up. I know my library here and my old library in Syracuse have both physical audio books (as CDs) and a digital audio book rental service (which I find a little annoying.)

I thought I would download an audiobook for a new "soundtrack" for running to switch it up a bit... why are they so expensive :confused: I could buy 2 hardcovers for those prices.

Can you rent audiobooks digitally?

ETA: should I subscribe to audible.com or is that not worth it? helppppp.
I subscribe to Audible and I love it. They give you a free credit every month or so and the books themselves are very cheap I've found.

I also listen to a lot of free podcasts that I download from iTunes.

I subscribe to Audible and I love it. They give you a free credit every month or so and the books themselves are very cheap I've found.

I also listen to a lot of free podcasts that I download from iTunes.

I have lots of podcasts but they don't always hold my attention, which is why I want to switch to more fiction versus my health lectures I currently listen to lol

I think I'm at least going to do the free 30-day audible for my first book free to save $40 on my next Game of Thrones book.

I have lots of podcasts but they don't always hold my attention, which is why I want to switch to more fiction versus my health lectures I currently listen to lol

I think I'm at least going to do the free 30-day audible for my first book free to save $40 on my next Game of Thrones book.
I'm still obsessed with anything Serial related, season 1 or 2, and there are a ton of podcasts relating to that.

I prefer nonfiction books when I'm driving. I recently listened to the Leah Remini one about Scientology, as well one about Rocert Durst.

I'm still obsessed with anything Serial related, season 1 or 2, and there are a ton of podcasts relating to that.

I prefer nonfiction books when I'm driving. I recently listened to the Leah Remini one about Scientology, as well one about Rocert Durst.
What was the one about Robert Durst? I saw the Jinx and it was so good!

What was the one about Robert Durst? I saw the Jinx and it was so good!
He Killed Them All by Jeanine Pirro - she narrates it as well and while her voice/accent are really annoying and she loves to toot her own horn constantly, it was really good. And it totally ties into The Jinx.

Fascinating. But I like learning about that stuff. For some reason I find wacky belief systems very interesting.
I do too, but I didn't know if they were just hyping that part up to sell the book. I think the whole reason I watch Sister Wives, The Duggars, etc is because the "wacky belief systems" fascinates me!

I do too, but I didn't know if they were just hyping that part up to sell the book. I think the whole reason I watch Sister Wives, The Duggars, etc is because the "wacky belief systems" fascinates me!
I am the same. Another "great" book along those lines is Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer, about the fundamentalist Mormons. I learned so much about the Mormon religion in general from that book. Definitely not light, pool/beach reading though.

I am the same. Another "great" book along those lines is Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer, about the fundamentalist Mormons. I learned so much about the Mormon religion in general from that book. Definitely not light, pool/beach reading though.
Thanks! I'll look into it. My mom thinks I'm weird but it fascinates me!

That was a fascinating book! I also liked Into the Wild and Into a Thin Air, he's a really good writer.

I just finished The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen (free on Kindle Unlimited). For those of you who like disturbing books this one is a winner. It kept my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this was the thread that "Stiff" was suggested in and I want to thank whoever suggested it! I loved it. So interesting and it really solidified wanting to donate my body to science when I die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back