OT Books

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
I know there was a thread on this before but I can't seem to find it.
I just started a new job and there is a ton of down time. I bring my kindle with me but I don't know any good books to read!

So what books do you all recommend?

Definitely depends on what sort of book you like. I just reread the whole Harry Potter series (I know, I'm not 12, but oh well) and relaly enjoyed it. Also I love the Dan Brown books, I've heard lots of people talking about the Hunger Games but I haven't read them so can't give an opinion.
If you want to try new things, try the Kindle daily deal, the reduce the price of a book for a day :)

I really don't have any specific genre that I read, I'll give anything a chance really. I've read The Hunger Games series and Harry Potter. I don't know any Dan Brown books so I'll definitely have to check those out. I began reading the Sookie Stackhouse books but I gave up after the second one and just watched True Blood instead lol.

oOOOH the sookie Stackhouse books are SO much better then true blood! Give them another go lol

My newest favorite series (I love series books) are the Stephanie Plum books. HILARIOUS!! There are 18 of them now, so loads of reading for you (On kindle they are fairly cheap sometimes too)

I have about 100 books on my kindle, I will ahve to go through them and tel lyou some of my favorites! I could talk books for hours on end lol

The typical, Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, Vampire Diaries, The Summer I turned pretty etc..

I do like the Lauren Conrad novels along with Snooki's LOL!

pghcheer09 read the sookie stackhouse books. there are flawless. and so much better than true blood. there amazing.
i have a kindle as well i have a touch, my sister gets my books for me and there free, but i dont ask how because id rather not know hahah

Just had a look through my bookcase and found a couple more- Sam Bourne does mystery-type novels (similar to Dan Brown). richard Francis does a similar thing but they're all based around horse racing, I'm not sure if you need to know much about it to follow them though (I was brought up with both parents in racing so wouldn't know otherwise!)
If you like fantasy then there's a series I read a while ago, I think it's called Belgarath or something? Maybe that's the main character... Written by David Eddings according to the one book in the series I can actually find! Or if you fancy an epic fantasy series there's always Game of Thrones :) Haven't braved that one yet!

pghcheer09 read the sookie stackhouse books. there are flawless. and so much better than true blood. there amazing.
i have a kindle as well i have a touch, my sister gets my books for me and there free, but i dont ask how because id rather not know hahah

Have you read the one that just came out? I hae that Im caught up on the series and have to wait FOREVER for the newest one. Its so good though!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to give the Sookie Stackhouse books another shot then! I read that the second season of True Blood is based on book 2(I only got halfway through the book) and I hated the storyline with the maenad on the show so I'm dreading going back and reading about it again. :p

If you liked Harry Potter, you should try Michael Scott's series: The Alchemyst: The Secret Life of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel.
I believe it will be 7 books in total at the end. Plus there are books that relate to the series based on other characters in the series books.

They're currently working on a script for the movie. I keep telling my friends to read it and they wont. As soon as a movie preview comes out, they'll all pick it up like they have discovered some brand new thing. Oh, how it annoys me.

I have a collection of almost 200 books in my house.
Ill start out with Teen fantasy:
I am number 4 - Pitticus Lore
Percy Jackson series (Greek mythology) - Rick Roidion
Gone series - Michael Grant
Maze Runner - James Dashner

Paranormal Romance
Beautiful Creatures - Garcia
Deadly Little Secrete - Laurie Stolarz
Shiver - Maggie Steiver
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
My soul To take (Soul Screamers series) - Rachel Vincent

Other:
Gallagher Girl Serier (love this series) - Ally Carter
Heist Society - Ally Carter
Dead to You - Lisa Mcmann
Wak series - Lisa Mcmann

obviously I am a big fan of Harry Potter. Hunger games is great also. Most of these are several book series. If you need any other suggestions like I said I have a collection of almost 200 books and its growing. :D

I'm currently reading Great Expectations, gotta love the classics :cool:

This one never fails to put me to sleep. I know there's a great story in there but I swear they put magic sleep dust on the pages.

Back