OT Books

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got a new kindle fire for Christmas and I'm looking for some new books to read! I just finished Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. SO GOOD.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

And by the way... 13 Reasons Why is being made into a movie starring Selena Gomez as Hannah Baker... I can't even deal with that. in the book it specifically says Hannah has long blonde hair before she chops it all off so the charachter I imagined is more like Allie from PLL. :(
If they want some big name star go with Dakota Fanning or some other BLONDE actress.. All you have to do is look around...

In regards to 13 Reasons Why, I'm willing to look past looks (to a certain extent) if the person can play the part well enough. Hoping she can pull it off.

Also, if you read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and you're not opposed to seeing the movie, see it. Flawless adaptation.

I just read Matched by Ally Condie. It's a dystopian romance sort of thing. I liked it, though I thought it was slightly predictable (in that I got to the "ah ha" moments way before the book did) but good if you're into that type of thing.

For those of you who've read 1984 there are a lot of parallels, only instead of a middle aged guy, this focuses around a 17 year old girl who has just received her marriage match

I finished The Fault In Our Stars today.... Such a good book. I may or may not have cried... Alot... And I'm so mad about how it ended... Although I kind of saw it coming because of the mention of that one book throughout the book... But still. Wahhh:confused:

How have I been here since July and never found this thread? A cheerleading discussion board that also discusses books? :cloud9:

I just finished Slammed and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover. They are the first two books of a serious (next book out sometime in 2013). I ordered both from B&N after reading rave reviews on the website. I flew through them in three days and then went back and started over again. At first glance it appears to be just another chick-lit love story, but I think Hoover has a knack for making you root for her characters and I was in love with them from the start.

Also, for everyone saying they don't want to or can't get through Harry Potter, I didn't know a single thing about the serious until fall of last year. Once I started I could not believe I had waited so long to read them. Even if the genre is not your cup of tea, they are worth the read if for no other reason than to experience Rowling's ridiculously brilliant storytelling.

I just read Matched by Ally Condie. It's a dystopian romance sort of thing. I liked it, though I thought it was slightly predictable (in that I got to the "ah ha" moments way before the book did) but good if you're into that type of thing.

For those of you who've read 1984 there are a lot of parallels, only instead of a middle aged guy, this focuses around a 17 year old girl who has just received her marriage match
make sure to read Crossed (the sequel)! it gets much better

How have I been here since July and never found this thread? A cheerleading discussion board that also discusses books? :cloud9:

I just finished Slammed and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover. They are the first two books of a serious (next book out sometime in 2013). I ordered both from B&N after reading rave reviews on the website. I flew through them in three days and then went back and started over again. At first glance it appears to be just another chick-lit love story, but I think Hoover has a knack for making you root for her characters and I was in love with them from the start.

Also, for everyone saying they don't want to or can't get through Harry Potter, I didn't know a single thing about the serious until fall of last year. Once I started I could not believe I had waited so long to read them. Even if the genre is not your cup of tea, they are worth the read if for no other reason than to experience Rowling's ridiculously brilliant storytelling.

Please excuse my unexplainable use of the word "serious" instead of "series." Who makes spelling mistakes in a thread full of bookworms? This girl.

Has anyone read Dare Me by Meg Abbott ? It's about cheerleading somehow. I read the excerpt on my ibooks app and it seemed pretty good. When to barnes & noble and it was all sold out, sad

Back