OT Books

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If any of y'all are Christians I highly recommend "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. The different viewpoints it gives you on things is amazing. I've read it so many times and have so much stuff highlighted/underlined/written it looks like I've run over it by a car 190379325478 times.
and "Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life" by Emily P. Freeman is also awesome.

I just read Silver Linings Playbook (read it in a day!), and it was actually better than I thought. I kind of want to see the movie but just by watching the previews I can pull out a few things that they changed from the book :/

I just read Silver Linings Playbook (read it in a day!), and it was actually better than I thought. I kind of want to see the movie but just by watching the previews I can pull out a few things that they changed from the book :/
Read the book and saw the movie... the book is as usual better than the movie but the movie is actually amazing. Yes a few things have changed but the things they did made it a more watchable movie. I give it rave reviews!

Read the book and saw the movie... the book is as usual better than the movie but the movie is actually amazing. Yes a few things have changed but the things they did made it a more watchable movie. I give it rave reviews!
Sounds like I'll have to see the movie! I was just kinda worried because I could find multiple things they changed in the previews and I usually don't notice things in the previews when they do book adaptations. But I'll take your word for it and hopefully go see the movie lol.

I REALLY want to read the book Speak. I just finished watching the movie and I nearly cried! Has anyone read it? I'm watching the movie for a research paper so I'm going to watch it at least 2 more times and then maybe read the book.

I REALLY want to read the book Speak. I just finished watching the movie and I nearly cried! Has anyone read it? I'm watching the movie for a research paper so I'm going to watch it at least 2 more times and then maybe read the book.
honestly the book is amazing the movie really doesnt do it justice theres so much more feelings and emotions you get from reading it that just do not translate well to film.

I'm gonna start 13 Reasons Why tomorrow thanks to this thread! I just finished No Easy Day and it was a really good book. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite books, even though it made me cry my eyes out. A lot of Jodi Picoult's books are really good even though, to me, they're super sad. I also just read Looking for Alaska by John Green and it was really good! Have any of you guys read any of John Green's other books and have one to recommend?

So many of my favorites have been listed so won't repeat... but here are a few more:

A Thousand Splendid Suns (same author as the Kite Runner)
The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve has an ending you won't see coming - also the Pilot's Wife is good
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson (the Chicago history is fantastic)
The Lovely Bones - I might have missed it but surprised it was not mentioned already.

Also, thanks for the suggestions in this thread - will defiantly follow up on a few from here.:D

I also just read Looking for Alaska by John Green and it was really good! Have any of you guys read any of John Green's other books and have one to recommend?

Looking for Alaska is definitely one of my favourites! Such a strong story and tied together by such real emotions. I tried to read The Fault in Our Stars but I didn't get very far into by the time classes started up again so I gave up :(

Saving Zoe by Alyson Noel is a really good one too, especially if you have a sister. It's more for a younger crowd though. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is amazing, I'd read it over and over if I could! The Year of Secret Assignments (or I think it's called Finding Cassie Crazy in the US) by Jaclyn Moriarty was so interesting, but again for a younger high school age. Pretty Little Devils is a really good, short mystery.

Clearly I haven't read many books since high school ;)

I'm gonna start 13 Reasons Why tomorrow thanks to this thread! I just finished No Easy Day and it was a really good book. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite books, even though it made me cry my eyes out. A lot of Jodi Picoult's books are really good even though, to me, they're super sad. I also just read Looking for Alaska by John Green and it was really good! Have any of you guys read any of John Green's other books and have one to recommend?
I LOVE JODI PICOULT. My Sister's Keeper was my favorite, but there's a good one about a girl with a bone disease? and a good one that was about a music therapist.. Sing You Home? have you read them? They're amazing! But the movie for My Sister's Keeper made my want to punch someone... GRR.
I heard that "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green was amazing, but it's supposedly sad. My World teacher has a man-crush on John Green and he kind of got all of us into him. We watch his youtube videos all the time in class

Can anyone here recommend the "chicken soup for the ... soul" books? I've heard diverse opinions on them and would like to know if they're worth it before I order one.

Can anyone here recommend the "chicken soup for the ... soul" books? I've heard diverse opinions on them and would like to know if they're worth it before I order one.
I liked them when I was in like 3rd-5th grade, I haven't read one since then. The "Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul" was the first book to ever make me cry.

I LOVE JODI PICOULT. My Sister's Keeper was my favorite, but there's a good one about a girl with a bone disease? and a good one that was about a music therapist.. Sing You Home? have you read them? They're amazing! But the movie for My Sister's Keeper made my want to punch someone... GRR.
I heard that "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green was amazing, but it's supposedly sad. My World teacher has a man-crush on John Green and he kind of got all of us into him. We watch his youtube videos all the time in class
HER BOOKS ARE SO GOOD! I haven't read one of them without crying though. Ahh, I haven't read those ones yet but I'll add them to my list! Have you read Plain Truth or the Pact by her? They're both really good! I haven't seen the movie for My Sister's Keeper, but I heard the ending/half the movie was just completely different so I'm just gonna stay away from it.

I read chicken soup for the teenage soul in middle school. I loved it. Some were funny, some sad.

Back