OT Books

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
HER BOOKS ARE SO GOOD! I haven't read one of them without crying though. Ahh, I haven't read those ones yet but I'll add them to my list! Have you read Plain Truth or the Pact by her? They're both really good! I haven't seen the movie for My Sister's Keeper, but I heard the ending/half the movie was just completely different so I'm just gonna stay away from it.
Have either you guys read 19 Minutes by her? It's so good.

HER BOOKS ARE SO GOOD! I haven't read one of them without crying though. Ahh, I haven't read those ones yet but I'll add them to my list! Have you read Plain Truth or the Pact by her? They're both really good! I haven't seen the movie for My Sister's Keeper, but I heard the ending/half the movie was just completely different so I'm just gonna stay away from it.
I haven't read those ones yet! I usually read a bunch over the summer and then not at all during the school year b/c I'm too busy.... I'll look into those ones this summer!
Yeah... let's just say the wrong person dies.... NOT OKAY.
BuegeSmalls my mom has read it but when she read it I was like 11 and she said I wasn't old enough LOL. Even though I had read her other books. So I haven't read it but I might over the summer!

I haven't read those ones yet! I usually read a bunch over the summer and then not at all during the school year b/c I'm too busy.... I'll look into those ones this summer!
Yeah... let's just say the wrong person dies.... NOT OKAY.
BuegeSmalls my mom has read it but when she read it I was like 11 and she said I wasn't old enough LOL. Even though I had read her other books. So I haven't read it but I might over the summer!
You should! I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it was so good. And I was sooo not expecting the ending!

Jurassic Park- I'm not even kidding this book is so good especially if you like science fiction or law books because it incorporates both. The book is crazy because all the details and the research that the author put in, It's like it could really happen :)

for those of you interested in Jodi Picoult, absolutely read My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, and Change of Heart. all are phenomenal.

I love her, but I tried to read a few of her older books and it was a struggle. like i refuse to not finish a book but some of those were like pulling teeth. i feel like it's really hit or miss with her, at least for me.

for those of you interested in Jodi Picoult, absolutely read My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, and Change of Heart. all are phenomenal.

I love her, but I tried to read a few of her older books and it was a struggle. like i refuse to not finish a book but some of those were like pulling teeth. i feel like it's really hit or miss with her, at least for me.
I struggled with Change of Heart... I just couldn't get into it. I don't even remember if I finished it, and I always finish books.... Maybe I was too young when I read it though and that's why?
All the other books of hers that I've read were good though

I struggled with Change of Heart... I just couldn't get into it. I don't even remember if I finished it, and I always finish books.... Maybe I was too young when I read it though and that's why?
All the other books of hers that I've read were good though

i read it a few years ago.... but if i remember correctly it started out verrrry slow, because i almost gave up. once you get into it, it's awesome. (though disclaimer - it may be disturbing to some. to not ruin it, i'll just say it's a book version of law&order SVU)

i read it a few years ago.... but if i remember correctly it started out verrrry slow, because i almost gave up. once you get into it, it's awesome. (though disclaimer - it may be disturbing to some. to not ruin it, i'll just say it's a book version of law&order SVU)
haha yeah it definitely started out slow, and I think I gave up.... maybe I'll try again someday. I just remember reading the beginning and being like "UGHHHHHHH"

And by the way... 13 Reasons Why is being made into a movie starring Selena Gomez as Hannah Baker... I can't even deal with that. in the book it specifically says Hannah has long blonde hair before she chops it all off so the charachter I imagined is more like Allie from PLL. :(
I just finished that book (thanks to this thread and I loved it!) and I imagined her like Allie from PLL too! I also kinda see similarities between Allie and Hannah (I haven't read the PLL books) but their characters are sorta similar cause they both leave stuff behind? Haha, idk if that makes any sense, but hopefully Selena will do a good job as Hannah.

Thanks for the "chicken soup" replies. Well, I'm not in middle school anymore, but decided to get one of them for my kindle since the aren't too much in electronic form and with all of the free ebooks I got this month my book budget wasn't empty yet for January.

Back