All-Star "breaking" Cheerleaders In The Splits

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If it's true he has a lawyer, there is no way in heck that his lawyer would ever let him make a public statement that accepted blame. It's open himself to litigation---they could sue him now, accepting blame would make it easier.
sorry for the double post, but (this is what I was speaking to and didn't read this comment) Also...
I can't for the life of me (just common sense and empathy for the kids you coach) When a child is screaming in pain...would you continue with that particular tactic to "train" your athletes?

FYI: For the individuals/individual stating that Eddie/Orby on "Cheerleaders" use this tactic or are making a comparison ...
Here is my opinion that I'm sure all of you will disagree with.

The optics of this video are terrible, terrible for the sport especially for those who have no real understanding of the sport in the first place. From the video linked above I don't see the child be forced and being pushed into the split his fingers are under the athletes arms that's a supporting position likely for posture if his hands were on her shoulders pushing down this would be a very different scenario. The girls holding her legs only make the optics worse but for the most part it looks like they weren't pushing down either (except for the girl in the front). Even though this was an elevated split if that strong man were actually pushing her she would have been flat to the floor she isn't flat on the floor if anything her own weight due to gravity is whats pushing her down he is helping her maintain posture and almost lifting the girl. Optics are terrible and that's something all coaches have to be very vigilant about the man while be fired and be blacklisted from the sport all together.

On Cheerhab with Eddie and Orby every single episode featured 2 or 3 athletes crying from being stretched and not once did we question their coaching ability and they likely met those kids 30 minutes before they had the kid crying Ozell has worked with this team before and likely has an idea of each kid's ability. Optics are bad and the kids assisting him in the video only make it 10x worse. I have no relationship with the guy or program because I'm sure that will be questioned.

My kids work with Eddie and Orby and are "stretched" but it is NOTHING like what has been shown and what is being questioned. Kids are repeatedly questioned on "how much they want to be pushed"..."how much they want to be stretched" to "state if they at any point feel they can not handle something or are uncomfortable or are to any point of potential injury in any way"...

Unless he gets arrested and they press charges against him, he will be back. He will reopen his business. This will die down. People who want their kids to be the best of the best will forgive and forget. And he will be back like it never even happened. Oh sure, he may not repeat these exact behaviors, but he has not learned a thing. He will just work smarter to not get caught. The man has a support page on facebook. This man is not in a bubble or an isolated incident. Parents, schools, and gyms allow abusive behavior in an attempt to win and get the titles and prestige. The only difference between Mr Williams and the other monsters out there is this guy got caught. The pressure to hide it, deal with it, and live with it in All Star cheer is very high because Suzy and her mom are willing to do whatever it takes to be #1 no matter the cost.

Jaded much?

Dr Oz is discussing this in his show tomorrow plus other cheer "incidents" 1:00 eastern time Fox. I am not a fan of his.....
I was on the show and saw the whole segment be filmed. Both injured cheerleaders' stories are compelling and deserve more respect than being called "incidents".

When will cheerleading stop treating injured athletes like outliers? One is a quadriplegic and the other has brain damage. Both are remarkable human beings that took a lot of courage to speak out on national TV to help make all youth sports safer.

This show is about protecting kids, why would anyone be against that?

I was on the show and saw the whole segment be filmed. Both injured cheerleaders' stories are compelling and deserve more respect than being called "incidents".

When will cheerleading stop treating injured athletes like outliers? One is a quadriplegic and the other has brain damage. Both are remarkable human beings that took a lot of courage to speak out on national TV to help make all youth sports safer.

This show is about protecting kids, why would anyone be against that?
I said incidents because sometimes shows do not tell the truth, especially when it comes to cheer, and some have downplayed the seriousness of the split story...and all I heard the show was about was split controversy, not the more serious injuries, which do happen.

sorry for the double post, but (this is what I was speaking to and didn't read this comment) Also...
I can't for the life of me (just common sense and empathy for the kids you coach) When a child is screaming in pain...would you continue with that particular tactic to "train" your athletes?

FYI: For the individuals/individual stating that Eddie/Orby on "Cheerleaders" use this tactic or are making a comparison ...

My kids work with Eddie and Orby and are "stretched" but it is NOTHING like what has been shown and what is being questioned. Kids are repeatedly questioned on "how much they want to be pushed"..."how much they want to be stretched" to "state if they at any point feel they can not handle something or are uncomfortable or are to any point of potential injury in any way"...
Umm I disagree. I remember a specific episode of "cheer-rehab" or something like that and there was one episode with multiple girls crying. I remember us talking about it, but nothing really being done.

Umm I disagree. I remember a specific episode of "cheer-rehab" or something like that and there was one episode with multiple girls crying. I remember us talking about it, but nothing really being done.
Yea- everything on TV is super accurate and not dramatized or edited at all ;)
Note: please don’t take my response as a personal jab but I’m only speaking from multiple personal experiences with them vs a TV show...

Back