All-Star "breaking" Cheerleaders In The Splits

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Of course posting his user name and his real name is appropriate. This isn't a rumor, it's a news story. And he isn't a minor, he's an adult that will need to answer a lot of questions.

In that case according to instagram he is CEO :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Ozell Williams Jr. and his insta and twitter handle is @ozellwilliams
Heres the site for his company in case any program was considering bringing them in for a clinic:
Ozell's Bio | Mile High Tumblers

According to his Insta he spent a year on Gymtyme, Louisville Large Coed, Team USA, and CU Large Coed. It looks like he's taught tumbling clinics for a ton of different programs at one time or another like Woodward, NXT Level Training, Gold Allstars, and X-Treme Tricking & Tumbling.

In that case according to instagram he is CEO :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Ozell Williams Jr. and his insta is @ozellwilliams

According to his Insta he spent a year on Gymtyme, Louisville Large Coed, Team USA, and CU Large Coed. It looks like he's taught tumbling clinics for a ton of different programs at one time or another like Woodward, NXT Level Training, Gold Allstars, and X-Treme Tricking & Tumbling.
People are reaming him a new one on Instagram.

Just saw this on Kimberly Archie's twitter.

If he's done this before, then SMH. I wonder why nothing was taped before. Did his reputation scare people out of taking further action?

My favorite tweet about the issue:

How does holding a World Record make any of what he did okay? (I could be misinterpreting her tweet but why bring up his world record?)

And how did the Principal and VP/AD (same person) know about this for MONTHS but do nothing to stop it? Are they crazy?

And how many other programs are being run by coaches like this, who pressure kids to do dangerous things but nobody knows because the athletes are too scared to speak out? Or are being ignored?

She seems to be trashing statements he made during the time frame this happened in other tweets. I think the world record holder was to give people the impression that this isn't some guy off the street who doesn't have a lot of experience. This guy has a Ted Talk video, an organization built for tumbling, holds a world record, did something with the Olympics (still not quite sure what)---so clearly he knew better.

I'm disgusted that the administration didn't step in, but I am also curious if the parents who knew pulled their kid. I know we go on and on about doing whatever it takes to keep our little suzie's happy, but I really hope the moms had the common sense to cut the cord and walk after camp.

She seems to be trashing statements he made during the time frame this happened in other tweets. I think the world record holder was to give people the impression that this isn't some guy off the street who doesn't have a lot of experience. This guy has a Ted Talk video, an organization built for tumbling, holds a world record, did something with the Olympics (still not quite sure what)---so clearly he knew better.

I'm disgusted that the administration didn't step in, but I am also curious if the parents who knew pulled their kid. I know we go on and on about doing whatever it takes to keep our little suzie's happy, but I really hope the moms had the common sense to cut the cord and walk after camp.
Wait he's done a TED Talk?

I'm wouldn't be surprised if most parents and kids just accepted this is what it takes. I pulled my kid from cheer because nobody cared about something unsafe that was happening. Gym owners didn't care, parents were afraid to say something, it was awful. Parents are afraid that if they call out unsafe behaviors, that their kid won't be able to participate. In my experience, they are 100% correct.

My daughter has tumbled with Ozell, so this was really surprising to me. When we worked with him, he seemed super engaging and fun and exciting. I didn't see this side at all. Our gym brought in a different coach this year for clinics, and while I don't know the reason, now I'm glad they did.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if most parents and kids just accepted this is what it takes. I pulled my kid from cheer because nobody cared about something unsafe that was happening. Gym owners didn't care, parents were afraid to say something, it was awful. Parents are afraid that if they call out unsafe behaviors, that their kid won't be able to participate. In my experience, they are 100% correct.

Unfortunately most of the parents probably assumed that he knew what he was talking about because of his resume :(

Same thing happened to us this year except with school cheer. On up to the head of the program for the district they just didn't care. I am thankful every day that I removed my daughter from the situation. The video is a very extreme example of how some people blindly trust coaches but hopefully this will serve as a wakeup to administrators to take parent complaints seriously.

I'd be furious. And to be honest I'm shocked some of the athletes didnt walk. I get teens are young, and when threatened will do just about anything for adults. But I can tell you my disobedient teenage butt back then wouldnt have let that guy anywhere near me.
I have zero sympathy for him being trashed on the internet. Video speaks volumes, and he probably just ruined his career.

A reporter interviewed me for a story that'll air on the local NBC affiliate this evening. The reporter asked "Does this happen often?" Aye, aye, aye. Talk about damage control. :(

I agree with you. A couple of years back a parent posted this video (or one similar, but equally disturbing) on her Facebook tagging a friend asking if this was what she was talking about. In her case, the instructor was having the kids in a martial arts class stretch each other and warm up while he was with another class. The kids would do things similar to what is shown below. The responses from parents were torn with some strongly defending it, and others saying much more meekly it could probably cause injuries. Honestly, I had no idea if that was a common stretching "technique" for taekwondo, I just wondered who would do that to themselves or their kids.

Its national news in Canada too. *head desk*

This is wrong on all kinds of levels, and utterly inappropriate and likely criminal. I'm just not quite understanding why it's become an international incident.

Its national news in Canada too. *head desk*

This is wrong on all kinds of levels, and utterly inappropriate and likely criminal. I'm just not quite understanding why it's become an international incident.

Probably because of Reddit, it's on the front page there.

Last edited:
Back