OT Bring It On Cheersmack: Your Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 4, 2015
So I just finished watching the movie on a free movie streaming site just now and all I can say is, it's pretty bad. So stereotypical on every level. It's a bit innaporiate for the younger folks. I suggest watch it if your atleast 13 and not like 10 or something... Also, how is a Cheersmack possible? Like, what even is a cheersmack?!?! It's not even possible to such a thing... And "cheer goddess"? What is a "cheer goddess? Cheer doesn't even have a cheer god or a goddess... This movie pissed the hell out of me! I bet a VAST minority of these actors were actually cheerleaders in real life. The Rebel's routine was literally the easiest level 6 routine you can ever see. (Props to the blonde level 6 flyer who was the only level 6 cheerleader on the team.) It's a shame too because this movie could've been really good but they made it really modern and too stereotyical in my opinion.
This movie is literally a HUGE joke to the entire cheer community... This is why people don't take cheerleading serious, cause of this right here. Exaggeratedly stereotypical and complete s**t! Sorry for my language but its the truth. Oh and one thing, I'm pretty sure if there was an actual team based off of the Truth cheerleaders, they would've been like suspended from the cheer season or competitions.

Although, The only positive thing I liked about the movie was that, they used real cheer teams like Unity Allstars from the UK, Viqueens from Norway. That part was decent.

Anyway... if you've watched the movie already, what are your thoughts on it? As you can tell, I'm not a fan of it AT ALL!!!!!

This movie came across my Netflix and I remembered your post so I started watching it. I'm a few minutes in and it reminds me of Breakin' and Breakin 2 : Electric Boogaloo. Those came out in 1984. There were a few others, breakdance movies were big in the 80's. And even in 1984 as a 10 y/o girl living in farm country in the pre-internet world, I knew that the movies did not portray that street dance culture accurately.

So I wouldn't give it a second thought. Yes, this Bring It On movie is cheesy and silly. But it is in no way designed to accurately portray competitive cheerleading. Anyone that wants to know about competitive cheerleading can find multiple other sources for that information.

It was soooooo bad omg. My friends and I were hanging out our first weekend back at school and it popped up on Netflix so we figured we would watch the movie to laugh at it. The acting was super bad. My friend was like if you are going to keep watching this I am going to need a few more drinks :rolleyes:

I mean bring it on isn't supposed to be accurate but I was still like wth. We spent half the movie trying to figure out how old the characters were supposed to be. I do wish there was a more accurate movie about cheerleading but don;t take this too seriously.

Couple of my thoughts on it:

-At one point they do a "street cheer off" with a group of breakdancers as a bet or something silly...not one cheer skill or motion was executed. No jumps, cheer style tumbling, even kicks or motions for a dance. It was just kinda skanky dancing.
-Nfinity is a legit sponsor throughout. Thought that was questionable, but do what you gotta do I guess?
-The scenarios with the girl's video diary and her in bed in lingerie confessing to her laptop. Ugh. But then her friend is a super hacker techie who steals it and broadcasts it illegally and anonymously worldwide? And people care? Like what is this movie?? lol
-If they portrayed and promoted these as parodies I would be a lot more cool with these, but they try to put themselves out there as serious cheer movies with a bit of fun and humor via the trailers, but then you go to watch and they just make fun of you and your friends the whole time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I agree that their intent was making a legitimate cheer movie. I see this as any other movie that spoofs on a sport and nothing to get worked up over.

The only movie I liked was In It To Win It because it actually gave me that allstar feel to it.

I'm convinced that the same people involved with this were also involved in the making of Secret Diary. LMAO

And somehow SD got a 7.7 out of 10 on IMDb.

I'm not sure that I agree that their intent was making a legitimate cheer movie. I see this as any other movie that spoofs on a sport and nothing to get worked up over.

Right? I mean it wasn't a good film but it's not meant to represent the sport any more than the other sequels ‍♀️

I did enjoy seeing people I knew on screen but yes, it was trash. So was the last one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"She went up to a prep with an assisted back flip to an extension straight cradle to a retake shoulder sit and a back walkout. That girl is crazy."

Oh man, those extension striaght cradles, guys. Super hard stuff. Clearly, that team beats out Viqueens and Unity Black. Oh wait, wait I just saw her do a super sketchy full down. Just give them the gold medal now.

Can't say I actually watched the whole thing, just skipped to the routines. I know BIO movies haven't ever accurately portrayed a competition routine, but this one just seems way way worse than the others. It's weird since they seem to market these movies to cheerleaders, but then cheerleaders watch them and go, "what on earth was that?" and will never watch it again. But they get enough initial views that they continue to be made.

"She went up to a prep with an assisted back flip to an extension straight cradle to a retake shoulder sit and a back walkout. That girl is crazy."

Oh man, those extension striaght cradles, guys. Super hard stuff. Clearly, that team beats out Viqueens and Unity Black. Oh wait, wait I just saw her do a super sketchy full down. Just give them the gold medal now.

Can't say I actually watched the whole thing, just skipped to the routines. I know BIO movies haven't ever accurately portrayed a competition routine, but this one just seems way way worse than the others. It's weird since they seem to market these movies to cheerleaders, but then cheerleaders watch them and go, "what on earth was that?" and will never watch it again. But they get enough initial views that they continue to be made.
OMG thank god I wasn't the only one who thought that!!! The only time I felt a real cheer scene in any of the movies was in In It To Win It when the other teams were competing with Superchick's song, It's On was playing in the backround.

IMO, In It To Win It is the only "real" cheer movie out there.

I don't expect actual level 5/6 skills-same issue as in gymnastics movies/shows-you have to stick to what your actors/body doubles can do. And when you have actors vs actual teams, well, the only reason the actors win is the script. But the whole premise just seemed silly.

It was horrible! It popped up on Netflix and my 10 year old and I watched it. She even said the best part of the movie was the very end when they showed the actual teams in those little clips. Definitely not appropriate for young kids, my daughter kept asking what things being said meant.

Back