OT Butt Hurt Owners....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Cheer Dad

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
Having not seen the most recent post a boarder mentioned I can't talk specifics but I'm curious why coaches think it is okay to lash out to athletes on social media when they feel hurt or are angry? Going a step further why do parents continue to keep their kids in a program where the coaches/owners set such an awful example?

Even when an athlete posts something aren't we supposed to be looking to these coaches as role models for our kids? Are the parents afraid of the coach or so they really think that behavior is acceptable?

Thoughts, opinions...

ETA: athletes, what are your thoughts on these coaches that behave to way? Would you ever ask your parents to leave a program where this happens?

**There is a fine line between looking Fierce in a routine and looking Ehr Meh Gawwd**

Having not seen the most recent post a boarder mentioned I can't talk specifics but I'm curious why coaches think it is okay to lash out to athletes on social media when they feel hurt or are angry? Going a step further why do parents continue to keep their kids in a program where the coaches/owners set such an awful example?

Even when an athlete posts something aren't we supposed to be looking to these coaches as role models for our kids? Are the parents afraid of the coach or so they really think that behavior is acceptable?

Thoughts, opinions...

ETA: athletes, what are your thoughts on these coaches that behave to way? Would you ever ask your parents to leave a program where this happens?

**There is a fine line between looking Fierce in a routine and looking Ehr Meh Gawwd**

I would not say that the parents are afraid or that they even think it is acceptable, but they may be thinking that keeping quiet on this = maintaining better opportunities for my kid.

They're looking out for their kids future spot on that Worlds team, the most selective team in the gym, etc.

If you've got tunnel vision, you're looking two years down the line at Suzy being on More Worlds Rings Than Fingers Large All Girl at Gold Medals Elite.

So when you see Billy McGoldMedals the Owner mouthing off on social media, you are probably not leaving. In fact, you may even think there's a reason Billy is bullying this kid on social media!

You will make all kinds of excuses to stay in the good graces of the folks you think will make your kid's cheer dreams come true.

....until your own child becomes the target.

I honestly think some coaches are just a$shats with huge egos who, when butt hurt, for whatever reason don't have the maturity or grace to step away from social media. They'd rather vague book and incite their athletes and parents to rally behind them. It makes them feel better I guess to get that kind of support.

Coaches set the standard for their program. They lead by example. Any coach who is willing to use social media to trash talk an athlete or another program is cultivating a toxic atmosphere.

And I completely agree with @oncecoolcoachnowmom - a coach who will do that to another athlete will not hesitate to stomp all over your child, so don't fool yourself if you think supporting this coach and program will give you immunity.

Last edited:
What was said? I didn't see the post (my social media is 90% people I know in real life.)
I have no idea who or what was said that stuntjumptumble is referring to this time. Just made me start wondering.

Thoughts, opinions...

Saw this on my timeline this AM and i was just like:oops:. Seems as though both posts on each side have been deleted, but I was still pretty shocked to see what I did!

I NEVER post anything on social media. I learned a long time ago not to put anything in writing. Now, if you want to come sit next to me, that's a horse of a different color
0000_sit-by-me.png

I really want to know what's happening. Someone in the loop feel free to send me a PM so I can get a good laugh at the immaturity.
I believe the post has been deleted...but I'll pm you

I really only follow people I know, and no coach I follow would ever be so unprofessional to call out or subtweet a child (assuming this was on Twitter, that's where most juvenile behavior happens from adults who should know better) but I think the only thing less defensible than a coach behaving like that is a parent justifying it. That's some powerful koolaid right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back