All-Star Buying Panel Mats

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
I am looking to buy a pannel mat for my highschool program to use for roundoff and cartwheel technique as well as to have something to spot tucks off of.

I'm a poor college student, so I was looking at the mat ikea sells PLUFSIG Folding gym mat, green - 30 3/4x72 7/8 " - IKEA

Has anyone tried the IKEA mats?
Are there people on the board who bought mats for their kids at an affordable price, and if so where'd you get them?

I wouldn't trust a mat that cheap to spot tucks off. It will likely deteriorate really quickly and be unsafe. I would try to get the school to pay for a high quality one.

I got curious about the IKEA mat. When I googled reviews for it I found a bunch of youtube videos made by kids... In this one, the girl actually gets a different mat but she already has the IKEA mat. You can see how small and thin it is in comparison.

Last edited:
Are you sure your school doesn't have any anywhere? Even tucked in a closet forgotten about? Every school that I've coached at has had them for gym class and we were free to use them.

Are you sure your school doesn't have any anywhere? Even tucked in a closet forgotten about? Every school that I've coached at has had them for gym class and we were free to use them.

I've found by asking the special education and PE teachers you can find a bunch of things you don't realize the school has. The Sped teachers at my school have a cheese mat, a panel mat, AND the equivalent of a sting/x mat that they let me borrow from time to time. The PE teachers have one soft mat but it's old and gross so I don't use it. Still, doesn't hurt to ask!

I got curious about the IKEA mat. When I googled reviews for it I found a bunch of youtube videos made by kids... In this one, the girls actually gets a different mat but she already has the IKEA mat. You can see how small and thin it is in comparison.

Dang! Glad I didn't buy that it looks awful.

I've found by asking the special education and PE teachers you can find a bunch of things you don't realize the school has. The Sped teachers at my school have a cheese mat, a panel mat, AND the equivalent of a sting/x mat that they let me borrow from time to time. The PE teachers have one soft mat but it's old and gross so I don't use it. Still, doesn't hurt to ask!

I just started coaching there and didn't think to ask honestly! I emailed the Special Ed teacher and the Athletic Director for the school asking if they have a room where they store PE materials or mats. I wanted a panel mat just because there is so much you can do with them but I would give anything for a wedge!!

I just started coaching there and didn't think to ask honestly! I emailed the Special Ed teacher and the Athletic Director for the school asking if they have a room where they store PE materials or mats. I wanted a panel mat just because there is so much you can do with them but I would give anything for a wedge!!
My school had a whole 42 x 54 strip of floor that they didn't even know they had when I got hired. It was in a closet. How anyone didn't know it was there is beyond me. They also had foam crash pits and panels. Definitely ask around!

My school had a whole 42 x 54 strip of floor that they didn't even know they had when I got hired. It was in a closet. How anyone didn't know it was there is beyond me. They also had foam crash pits and panels. Definitely ask around!

I've been using the pole vaulting mat for kick full drills

What sport do they get used for outside of cheer? I'm imagining basketball players practicing dunking onto a big crash mat lol

Back