All-Star C4 Onyx

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
This team looked good last year, given that it was their first year in level 5. I have to say, I think they've really evolved quite a bit this year, definitely stepping it up a notch! I'm a huge proponent for small gyms creating teams based on skill, and not necessarily on trying to fill 20 spots on a team. I think Onyx is a perfect example of why this works. They are competing with 15 on their team, and they look awesome. So, I guess I started this thread for 2 reasons:

1) Show your LOVE for C4 Onyx (and C4 in general, as I am usually wetting myself at the thought of having to compete against them)

2) Discuss team size and how it effects judging, in terms of counting majority skills. How many people out there would rather put out a smaller team of equal skills than a "full-sized" team where you have 4-6 people to hide?

i was really impressed by them.

I think the area of the score sheet that is most impacted are things like Entertainment Value, creativity, overall impression (depending on the brand). Other than that, dropping some people off your team will really help you max out in every difficulty category.

Back