Ca Wildcats On Agt

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by krystynakrez, Jun 29, 2020.

1. krystynakrez

krystynakrez CheeringWonka

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    krystynakrez
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Verified Member:
    Krystyna Krzeminski
    Runs CheeringWonka Twitter

• Shimmy Shimmy x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. AshleyErin

AshleyErin I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The amount of people commenting on the performance saying that they are an "average" level 6 team - :confused:
    Idk what world those people live in, but it ain't mine.

3. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I was wondering who they’d pick to be the “spokesperson” for the team. I’m glad they didn’t hand it to the blue-eyed, blonde-haired cheerleb like I thought they would. She’s very talented, but most average people already assume that cheerleaders are petite white kids. It would’ve done nothing for diversification in the sport. I’m glad they chose the girl they did. Not just because she’s POC, but because she’s tall. I can tell you that when I was a tall gangly kid, it always felt good to see a UCA instructor who wasn’t 90 pounds.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  4. FierceMom

FierceMom I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I agree! They were amazing... and glad they threw in level 7 skills. Great to see what teams can actually do when they aren't confined by the standard allstar level system.

5. 5monkeysjumping

5monkeysjumping Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    They looked great, but OMG the filming made me crazy. I just want to watch the routine lol!

6. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I noticed that too. I think... maybe some parts of the routine didn’t translate/hit like they were hoping. Like the inverted release and what I call the “chicken leg” full around, both of which they cut away from even though I was sure they would be very visual “crowd” (such as it was) pleasers. Same thing happens when an actual cheer comp is being filmed: the crew will cut away when something doesn’t really vibe for whatever reason.

It bugged me because even if these TV laypeople thought parts of the routine looked less than perfect, the rest of us know that this is CA Wildcats. No one is going to do it any better. So just show the routine.