All-Star Cali Sm Sr Nca Legality?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dont waste your money, its all mental.

Here's the thing. While everyone calls it a hoax or "waste of money" it's making a HUGE difference to a little girl who just needs that extra confidence boost. SO, if she happens to fly and tumble better when it's on (whether it's just mental or not) then wouldn't you say it works?

She would not tumble at all...she was actually so bad she refused to work on her standing bhs by herself (she's had a bhs since she was 6, she's now 11) she had to have a spot. Since i bought her that "waste of money" she is now not only working on her bhs again (without spot) she is back to working on her standing bhs full, robhs full...all without a spot...so again i ask, if it gives a girl enough confidence to overcome her fear or give her the confidence that no one else (including herself) has been able to give her...would you say it's doing the job?

Here's the thing. While everyone calls it a hoax or "waste of money" it's making a HUGE difference to a little girl who just needs that extra confidence boost. SO, if she happens to fly and tumble better when it's on (whether it's just mental or not) then wouldn't you say it works?

She would not tumble at all...she was actually so bad she refused to work on her standing bhs by herself (she's had a bhs since she was 6, she's now 11) she had to have a spot. Since i bought her that "waste of money" she is now not only working on her bhs again (without spot) she is back to working on her standing bhs full, robhs full...all without a spot...so again i ask, if it gives a girl enough confidence to overcome her fear or give her the confidence that no one else (including herself) has been able to give her...would you say it's doing the job?

I feel like even if it does nothing, if I make myself believe it helps it will? I'm not a flyer, but my jumps need some work, and I really need to get better/more tumbling. I need a confidence boost. Depending on how much money it is where I go, I think I'll try it. If it's ridiculously priced I won't though. Thank you for the help! :)

Its just like a good luck bracelet, I had one and one day during warm ups it ripped. I freaked out and had to tell myself that I could still do all of my skills. What are you gonna do when she looses it one day or it rips, what if she is competing and it rips and she freaks out and does nothing because she doesnt have the confidence in her skills. It is better to be confident that you will land your skills and stick your stunts because you worked hard on them and have hit them before than on anything else.

It's silicone. It seems to have helped with everything. Her bases seem to notice a difference because they notice she flies better with it on. They were skeptical as well. she wears it for practice and i will not disclose whether or not she wears it for comps
smile.png
I think you just disclosed that she wears it at competitions!

that sucks so much they got moved four places down from 1st to 5th i cant believe it affected them that much

Its just like a good luck bracelet, I had one and one day during warm ups it ripped. I freaked out and had to tell myself that I could still do all of my skills. What are you gonna do when she looses it one day or it rips, what if she is competing and it rips and she freaks out and does nothing because she doesnt have the confidence in her skills. It is better to be confident that you will land your skills and stick your stunts because you worked hard on them and have hit them before than on anything else.

How would it rip if it is on your ankle under your sock. And if you think you may lose it buy 2.

I will vouch for this. FameUsMom has said numerous times that her daughter was going through a tumbling block and was back to working on basics. I have recently SEEN her back to working on her full! (even if it was on video...I'd know her from a mile away...
smile.png
). So even if it's mental...if it helps her, it helps her.

If you all saw the raggedy a$$ koala bear I have to lug around at every comp for my daughter you'd know why i WISH she'd use a power band!
tongue.png

You are absolutely right...skill over luck. However, she's 11...not 16. Younger kids process things differently. She does compete without it. Does very well too. I can guarantee you she doesn't even think about it when she's out on the floor. But when she's learning a new skill, or working to perfect one that she's afraid of, it helps her. if it rips, she'll survive. it's not an umbilical cord, it's more like a pacifier.

IMO power bands only work if you think they work. The people selling them remind me of stories of old time salesmen pushing snake oil as a cure all (before my time thank you!).

My mother is a triathlete and she SWEARS by hers. My 85 year old grandmother has had two major falls in the last 3 years, and my mom got her one. She claims to feel more stable walking when she wears it. I'm not going to discount the placebo effect here, but whatever works!

I understand metal jewelry being a deduction, but a hairtie and a piece of thread tied around your ankle? How is that a safety issue? If you can't have thread tied around your ankle then they might as well say that you also can't wear shoe strings.

I would think a hair tie would be too tight to cause an issue of getting snagged on something. But, along the lines of the shoestring- true story, I had my pinky finger DISLOCATED in college because it got wrapped in my flyer's shoelace on an arabesque doubledown. That was not cute.

You are absolutely right...skill over luck. However, she's 11...not 16. Younger kids process things differently. She does compete without it. Does very well too. I can guarantee you she doesn't even think about it when she's out on the floor. But when she's learning a new skill, or working to perfect one that she's afraid of, it helps her. if it rips, she'll survive. it's not an umbilical cord, it's more like a pacifier.

I was only talking about a competition setting only, practice is another thing.

Latest posts

Back