High School Calling All Cali Coaches...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Greatttttt... I got the impression it would be no big deal to get the waiver for a Sunday and planned our schedule around it. Thankfully Nationals is not a worry, but a lot of the regionals are.

Did it come from your local CIF chapter?
What company do you do go to regionals with. I know many EP's have changed almost all of their event dates to Saturday's here in California ...

And no, it came from the VERY TOP :(

This is a hot mess. Why couldn't they consult someone who has a solid understanding of cheerleading? It all seems rushed, and they unveiled it after the start of the season, to be implemented in the same season (or am I wrong)?

Huh?
Well... it was just supposed to be stunt the sport... then kind of last minute- May I believe, or end of April they added Compeition cheer- here in Cali we have tryouts late Feb-first week of May. kind of tying to fit cheer into 1 season like winter or Spring- and cheer kinda doesn't fit into 1 season... my squad that competes multiple circuits like USA,UCA,CIF and Local can't cram 9-12 comps and 3 styles of routines in 3 months. USA, CIF and UCA all call for different things...
Also competition cheer still needs to attend camp, it's the fundamentals... so how do they fit camp in without breaking CIF rules? It almost would have been beneficial had they had a representative walked through or shadowed a few seasons of cheer before coming to any decisions...

Well... it was just supposed to be stunt the sport... then kind of last minute- May I believe, or end of April they added Compeition cheer- here in Cali we have tryouts late Feb-first week of May. kind of tying to fit cheer into 1 season like winter or Spring- and cheer kinda doesn't fit into 1 season... my squad that competes multiple circuits like USA,UCA,CIF and Local can't cram 9-12 comps and 3 styles of routines in 3 months. USA, CIF and UCA all call for different things...
Also competition cheer still needs to attend camp, it's the fundamentals... so how do they fit camp in without breaking CIF rules? It almost would have been beneficial had they had a representative walked through or shadowed a few seasons of cheer before coming to any decisions...
And that's what annoys me... you can't put cheer into the same box as everyone else. If they're going to confine it to seasons, then why not make it 2-season? IMO an 8-9 month season would be ideal, like May/June to Feb (I believe in the 3-4 month break). Cheer skills are highly perishable, they need to be trained almost year round or they will be lost. Plus like you said, training fundamentals is crucial. If teams aren't able to train over the summer months at school or at camp, they miss out on the chance to do preseason conditioning. This will obviously increase the likelihood of injury during the season.

All event producers have camps that have dates over a Sunday this summer. So what, if we show up for things we planned and paid for before they changed this last minute we are going to be breaking the rules? This whole thing is garbage!

All event producers have camps that have dates over a Sunday this summer. So what, if we show up for things we planned and paid for before they changed this last minute we are going to be breaking the rules? This whole thing is garbage!
I didn't even think about pre paid... that's so true- some people pay for camps way in advance- I always do my camps during the week :/

I didn't even think about pre paid... that's so true- some people pay for camps way in advance- I always do my camps during the week :/

Yea, all brands- USA, UCA, NCA even UCA Masters camp have dates that run over Sundays and some have already happened. What is CIF going to do? I assume nothing for this year.

Back