Can A Base Be A Flyer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2016
I'm 5'3 and about 115-120 pounds. I'm currently a base on my cheer team and i tried flying to a prep a couple times before. is it possible for me to be a flyer in partner stunts? i never tried it before but i want to cheer at ucla and they only have a coed team so i was hoping if it was possible. I'm only a freshman but if i partner stunt starting now, will i be able to have enough experience to be on the team?

Transitioning to coed flying at a college level when you've never done it is hard.

Get into some privates or take a class.
one problem is that i dont think theres any gyms that have partner stunting privates or classes. Im also wondering if i never been a flyer before so will partner stunting be okay for me?

one problem is that i dont think theres any gyms that have partner stunting privates or classes. Im also wondering if i never been a flyer before so will partner stunting be okay for me?

A lot of gyms don't advertise those classes but could definitely set one up for you if you ask.

Find a gym that has a coed team close by and I'm sure they can set up a private with someone every few weeks or so. I was a bad and a flyer All Girl though and transitioning to coed was hard and I didn't like it very much. But if you've never been a flyer it would probably be easier for you to learn because you won't have "bad habits" going in. Good luck!

Sounds like you are in the size range of what a lot of colleges like their flyers to be. What all star gyms or colleges are nearby. I'm sure you could get flying privates at an as gym and I do know some college guys that will help girls learn stunting for a little extra cash.

**NCA Dallas, may the hits be more plentiful than Bobby Browns dates**

I went from basing in high school to flying in college. Like some others have said, see if you can find a few coed cheerleaders to teach you. If you're a quick learner it's not too hard to transition, in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back