Captain Announcements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I’m new here and this is my first thread so I’m really excited to get all of your feed back and help!

I was looking to get ideas on how to announce cheer captains. I coach a young team of 3rd-5th graders. I love announcing captains in a fun way. However this year I’m stuck. I can’t seem to think of a fun exciting way to announce captains.

Here are some of the ways I’ve announced in the past. I’ve given everyone a cupcake and the captains had a different colored cupcake. One year I bought wooden stars and painted them all for each girl. I had written their names on the Stars, but the captain and co-captain didnt have their names on it, it had their captain title. Another year I bought all the girls cheerleading themed notebooks and folders. In the folder I had typed a letter to the girls welcoming them to the team, etc etc. At the bottom of the captains paper, I had announced them captains. Last year, it was the first practice of the season, right after school ended. I did a summer theme practice where all the girls came in in bathing suits, summer shirts, sunglasses, beach towels, etc etc. At one point during the practice I had them get in a large circle and start playing catch with beach balls. After a few minutes I said “hey Madison catch this beach ball” and written on the beach ball was “captain Madison.” And she read it and the girls got all excited. I did the same thing for the other captains I announced last season. It was so cute and the girls were all so excited. It was my favorite way I announced captains, and the easiest haha

However this season I’m at a loss on how to announce. Does anyone have any fun creative ideas or thoughts on how to announce captains.

Thank you all in advance! I appreciate your feedback!

Perhaps individualized scavenger hunts where clues are followed to find bows and little goodies in the end? You could maybe put personalized bows with their names and additionally add everyone's titles? (ie captain, co captain etc) To prevent any possible jealously maybe you could add everyone's stunt position or something of that nature on the items as well, while still adding a little special something for the captain. I feel everyone may be excited to note how they're crucial parts of the team, especially since this amongst a younger age group. Best of luck! :D

Why not write it on a piece a paper the name of the team caotain and post it on the gym door... Simple!

PS: Eventually, you are going to run out of fun creative ways to announce team captains and I suggest maybe keeping it simple or jusr redo the fun ways you've done already in the past!

Last edited:
Maybe you have the girls who aren't being declared captain make a video for the incoming captains? Or make large signs and have them posted when they enter the gym.

I've done "captain" bows in the past.

Back