High School Captain Essay Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 20, 2010
Hey guys I need some help and figured you guys were the perfect people to ask. I have to write a 200 word essay on top of other things to be captain for HS football varsity. Football is HUGE in my town, and making captain would mean the world to me. We need to include some ideas for the team for the upcoming season. We already have team breakfast/dinner before games, decorate the locker room, decorate the boys houses, wear jersey's etc. Does anyone have some unique ideas about team bonding/ fundraisers etc that would be good to add on my essay. Thanks in advance!

you could have a team sleepover once a month, you could make little awards for the football team, well i'm not sure of anything else right now but if i think of something i'll post again! haha

My basketball season captains last year did this kind of "mvp" thing where once a week they picked someone on our team who worked really hard that week and after practice was over they gave them a little goodie bag, i thought that was kind of cute and gave a little extra motivation :)
Also, if your school has the cheerleaders organize pep rallies and stuff you could put some ideas for that!

we awarded one girl the spirit stick after every game every week! that person would take the stick home and decorate it and add a $10 gift card and then a new person would get it! the coach/captains would decide who gets it by who performed the best that game.
we also each get assigned a football player and make baked goods and give them gatorade and little gifts in school the day of a game!
and for bonding, my team goes to camp together for 4 days and we usually become pretty close. we also go away to nationals and that brings us together. any time you see your team in a different enviornment, it usually helps you bond.
we also do car washes, sleep overs, and clinics for little kids! and we do a lot of community service tooo!

Add something about volunteering as a group, it's a team bonding activity as well as a community service - like, cheering on "Race for the Cure" athletes, or Special Olympics athletes! You could do something good for mankind AND show that you think cheer is actually uplifting for others!

We did a cheerleader-football player scavenger hunt. Its always a week before a major game and the captains of the two teams make up the list/add to the list of previous years. It gets both teams together but also allows some competition between the two and was always a lot of fun

Fundraisers-

"Minis" k-5 Cheer camp.
Sponsor shirt (Tshirt with a design that supports your school or a local cause, on the back, the names of Sponsors that Donate to your squad {They pay to Get on the shirt])
CAR WASH :)

Bonding-

Sleep overs after the bigger games (like against your rival) and over the summer
If you don't already go to one, a UCA camp.
Group Outings like, Go Putt Putting together or Bowling or something fun
Make T-Shirts together

Keep Us Updated on how it turns out :)

Back