OT Cars For Short People

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
haha that's the biggest thing I'm worried about. It sounds silly but it really does suck! I sit all the way up to my steering wheel and seat back completely straight and even still I have to like put my head up to see out my mirrors. I drove my friend's dodge I think avenger and oh my god it felt like a tank! AND I had to make shift a cushion to see over the steering wheel, but then I couldn't see my speedometer bc the steering wheel covered it up. short people problems
A whopping 5'0" here so I feel ya. I much prefer driving SUVs over cars. My first car was a grandfather-hand-me-down '97 Ford Explorer I got at 16, in '04. He had beat the crap out of it but I managed to squeeze out another four years out of it till we had to sell it for parts. I loved that thing though.

Next was a car that my dads friend was getting rid of, a Volvo something. Hated it. It was so much 'nicer' technically than my explorer, but I hated it. I had a seat cushion too to see over it. That lasted me a year before my mom got a new car, so I got her 04 Santa Fe. Loved that.

I had that beaut until about a week ago when I (finally) purchased my own car, a 2013 Honda CR-V. I absolutely love it, and the best feature? The drivers seat has a lever that raises it. No more seat cushion for me! I test drove a lot of cars/SUVs before finding this one, and the crv really just fits so well. My taller friends don't quite get what I mean when I say that but the short-driver struggle is real. And it's great on gas and was relatively cheap. I highly recommend testing the crv!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had to laugh...when I briefly scanned the new thread topics, I thought this one read, "CARE for short people." I thought it was some list of tips to help short cheerleaders remain injury-free or something...:p

Carry on....

My sister is 4'10 and drives a Dodge Charger...before that she had a Jeep Cherokee.

I don't ride with her because I like living, so I couldn't begin to tell you how that works out for her.

My other sister and I are 5'2 and 5'1 and we both drive Kia Fortes.....and we see over the wheels and reach pedals fine and dandy.

A whopping 5'0" here so I feel ya. I much prefer driving SUVs over cars. My first car was a grandfather-hand-me-down '97 Ford Explorer I got at 16, in '04. He had beat the crap out of it but I managed to squeeze out another four years out of it till we had to sell it for parts. I loved that thing though.

Next was a car that my dads friend was getting rid of, a Volvo something. Hated it. It was so much 'nicer' technically than my explorer, but I hated it. I had a seat cushion too to see over it. That lasted me a year before my mom got a new car, so I got her 04 Santa Fe. Loved that.

I had that beaut until about a week ago when I (finally) purchased my own car, a 2013 Honda CR-V. I absolutely love it, and the best feature? The drivers seat has a lever that raises it. No more seat cushion for me! I test drove a lot of cars/SUVs before finding this one, and the crv really just fits so well. My taller friends don't quite get what I mean when I say that but the short-driver struggle is real. And it's great on gas and was relatively cheap. I highly recommend testing the crv!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want a CRV SOOOOO bad.. I love honda's and the fact that I would be able to see out of it makes me happy

I drive a Nissan Rogue and love it. I don't have any probs seeing properly out of the mirrors and over the steering wheel. I also don't sit right up close either. That drives me nuts to drive super close to the steering wheel lol and I'm 4'11.5"

Can anyone recommend a Kia Soul for short people? I'm 4'10 and my car just decided to die so I'm in need of a new one and for some reason I'm literally in love with the Kia Souls.

Drove my aunt's Land Rover the other week and it was amazing. I could see, no one couldn't see me, and it was so smooth here in San Fran :cloud9: I want one but they're super expensive. I'm 5'1/2" and my aunt is 5'3".

I barely over 5ft and I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee, mines older so I don't have multidirectional seats and I can see just fine.

Drove my aunt's Land Rover the other week and it was amazing. I could see, no one couldn't see me, and it was so smooth here in San Fran :cloud9: I want one but they're super expensive. I'm 5'1/2" and my aunt is 5'3".
And very expensive to repair. Great car (I have a 2006 LR3 I bought certified pre-owned 7 years ago) and it has almost 200,000 miles on it, but I have had to put a lot of $ into it over the past few years especially to keep it running well.

im not short but my little sister is 5'0. I gave her my 06 camry this May since I was going stay with some relatives for most of the summer. She sits so close to the wheel, when i got in to move it last week i almost tore an ACL lol! im currently searching for a used SUV to take to school in the fall.

Anyone have a smaller suv, or crossover to comment on? I'd love to hear the pros as well as the CONS...(no car is perfect) just wanna see what my BF might have to fix from time to time ha. thanks!

i test drove a 2012 versa today. Not the hatchback but soon roomy! I loved it. I also drove a 2011 civic and loved it and they're the same price so now I'm torn.
For such small cars the insides are huge! Sadly I can't drive mine for a while since I smashed a pylon on the highway the other day, knocked out a fog light and tore off my ac hose. Since the hose ripped off I may have destroyed the compressor. Goodbye pay checks.

i test drove a 2012 versa today. Not the hatchback but soon roomy! I loved it. I also drove a 2011 civic and loved it and they're the same price so now I'm torn.

I love my civic! I got it new in 2009. I think in a year or so I'm going to get the HR-V.

Back