Cartwheel Full Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2010
Might be a stupid question, and this might just be the way I tumble but I've only been doing cartwheel fulls for like 3 weeks now. I'm really really on and off with them .. Sometimes I'll land and other times I won't but I've realized something -- I land one foot like noticeably before the other every time, even when I land and every time I fall it's just like I can't plant my feet. Is there any tips anybody can give me? I'm really desperate to get this trick. I only have one video, it's not of me landing of course but here's the video to help you help me!

Thanks in advance :)

Try to not rush it. Take it one step at a time. Practice your cartwheel tucks to get the groove of the cartwheel into the tuck and the timing. The full should be more tucked than your running full so don't try and do a gorgeous layed out full. My coach always tells me to use the power to set and then go for it! He says it's all about getting use to it

Try to finish the cartwheel step in. In the video, its starting to resemble a round off. Work on cartwheel step in to a straight body position with your arms touching your ears and finishing on your toes (body going slightly backwards). In the video, the flip and twist look okay, so finishing the cartwheel step in may help give you the extra rotation you need to land on your feet.

OMG thank you so much! I'll be at a gym Thursday, I'll definitely work on the things you told me to Thanks again :)

Back