All-Star Cell Phones During Practice.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2011
I dont know about this, but on water breaks or breaks are you allowed to use your phones?! our coach caught someone texting their mom during a water break and took her phone and now made the rest of gym turn their phones into a bin before practice. our coach has done this before but hasnt kept up with it. do you guys have to turn your phones in? or can you use them?

Our clock in the gym died so we are allowed to check our phones during practice. The phone must be on silent though, so it doesn't interupt practices.

Our clock in the gym died so we are allowed to check our phones during practice. The phone must be on silent though, so it doesn't interupt practices.
aw lucky! i sware if our clock died or something, our coach still wouldnt care! we went a year without a clock at our old gym!

Phones must be on silent. If they start to ring...well... :) :) :confused: But ofcourse they are allowed to use their phones on water breaks

Our phones must be kept in our lockers in the locker room, and they are not allowed to be used in the gym. But say you're in a flyers class and you want someone to take a picture of your scorp in the air, a coach will usually allow that, and a coach will take the pic. for you, or if you want to record ur new tumbling skill on the floor, a coach will usually let u grab ur phone (after practice) and will record it for you, etc. We aren't supposed to go to our lockers (where our phones and other items are kept) at water breaks unless we absolutely have to, we are supposed to drink out of the drinking fountains and then go right back to the floor for practice, but while we are in practice, no matter if it's a break or not, we aren't supposed to use our phones at all.

Our phones must be kept in our lockers in the locker room, and they are not allowed to be used in the gym. But say you're in a flyers class and you want someone to take a picture of your scorp in the air, a coach will usually allow that, and a coach will take the pic. for you, or if you want to record ur new tumbling skill on the floor, a coach will usually let u grab ur phone (after practice) and will record it for you, etc. We aren't supposed to go to our lockers (where our phones and other items are kept) at water breaks unless we absolutely have to, we are supposed to drink out of the drinking fountains and then go right back to the floor for practice, but while we are in practice, no matter if it's a break or not, we aren't supposed to use our phones at all.
yeah same, except likeour coach isnt usually as strict during open gyms, stregth&flexibilty, tumbling classes, stunting classes and stuff. but if we wanna video tape anything it must be done after practice.

If kids have time to look at their cell phones during break obviously their not tired enough because if they were all they would want is a drink or the break is too long !

My coaches embrace that we are young socialites who need our phones just like we don't get mad when their phones go off during our music and we have to start all over again :/

Cell phones aren't off limits but there is a time and a place. You have a certain amount of time during a water break, and if you choose to spend it on your cell phone instead of getting enough water or using the bathroom then that is up to you. The only time our cell phones have ever been taken up is when our coaches felt like we're more focused on the phones instead of practice (this doesn't happen often).

never had a rule that we couldn't touch them on breaks. most of us spent our time trying to catch our breath/breathe/drink water but some girls chose to text/call mom/etc. their choice.

however, it had to be on silent at all times. we did an extra fullout for every phone that rang :confused:

When I coached dance, I had a girl that would put her phone in her sports bra, and take it out and start texting while I was working on choreography with my back to the group. Once the other girls started ratting her out, then she would still keep it in her sports bra but then she said she was having "stomach problems" and had to use the bathroom a lot. She would go to the bathroom and text her boyfriend. After I found out about that, I started collecting the phones in a basket at the begining of every practice.

In my gym they tell us to put our phones away at the start of practice. If we use them during breaks they don't care but they just want us back on the mat in time.

Back